Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Comparison of 2001 miles under old and new rules

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2002, 8:51 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL

Here is a comparison of what I would have earned in 2001 with new 2002 rules (reduction in COS bonus for C; reduction in other fare earning) to old 2001 rules:

Status miles:
2001 Rules: 114162
2002 Rules: 103666 (still would have made it, obviously they haven't cut the program enough )

Miles with Bonuses and Threshold Bonuses
2001 Rules: 248246
2002 Rules: 226823 (about 22k miles less)

How would others stack up.

I rarely fly on L and Q fares.

With LH Miles and More Program I would have earned about 160k status (total miles would have been the same, ie 160k). If you are tight on status, LH may be the way to go given AC's reduction of miles earned in Canada and to Caribbean. LH gives a minimum of 500 miles (compared with AC's 175) on deep discount (L and Q) fares in Canada.

[This message has been edited by BlondeBomber (edited 01-25-2002).]
Old Jan 25, 2002, 9:33 am
Original Member

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BlondeBomber:
I rarely fly on L and Q fares.</font>
I think a good question is: would you have flown more on L and Q fares if they were upgradeable (i.e. how much money extra did it cost you?).

Old Jan 25, 2002, 10:30 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I might have flown on a few but it is the flexibility (standby capacity and no time of day restrictions primarily) that I go for.

Several L and Q fares are NITE fares and many have standby restrictions. Without those restrictions I would likely fly L and Q more often.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.