Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

EF shows LX flight has 8 F seats (O=8) but AE can't get them...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

EF shows LX flight has 8 F seats (O=8) but AE can't get them...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2013, 9:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jarusoba
SQ has been like this too, if not worse. Now *A is no longer the best to redeem for F travel. OW may be better.

I am not a big fan of LX F. Only one washroom in the whole F cabin making it really unattractive.
LX F is pretty good all told, the one washroom is not something I ever thought about.

I did though think about no scamcharges all the time.

We're down to only United now that we can book F and have no scamcharge?

The crazy thing about this is that I've been on LX from Zurich to Montreal in F along with one other guy and an empty cabin. I've also been the only one in LX F on an Aeroplan ticket. It's not like they even came close to filling that flight in F. So why chase people off? Surely a redemption ticket is not as profitable as selling it, but taking me off of those two flights means losing 66% of their passengers.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:28 am

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Just guessing here, but likely for the same reason that true luxury hotels dont do daily discounts even when the economy was really bad. It devalues the perception of the product. From a marketing perspective, if you think you are going to be able to sell them again in a year or two, better to leave them unsold now and have a perception of first tier luxury. Sell them to AE, and they are just another reward seat.

Not sure I agree with the logic, but that is my guess as to their thinking.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by arcticbull
It's not as simple as "A or K" because it's a 1-2-1 // 2-2-1 configuration. The A seats are best when traveling alone but only in EVEN numbered rows (except 14, haha, because it's actually row 13, they appear to be superstitious). In ODD numbered rows there are 2 seats by the window. Then the K side.

Agreed, the mini-cabin (rows 4 and 5) is pretty sweet.

As for release schedule it's been discussed in the past, and you should do some searching. It appears to be closer to departure, but varies widely, and also by route. YUL-ZRH seems to be released further out, but it's kind of hard to tell...
I would argue that the odd-numbered K seats are the best for the solo traveller. After two flights last week in an even-numbered A seat I won't be choosing that again because I ended up with chatterbox couples behind me both times. The mini-cabin is the holy grail though if that is available.

Also, for tall people I would recommend AC over LX. The foot area is not big enough in sleep mode for tall people whose feet are larger than size 8 (or even smaller maybe). I also think I may have broken part of the foot area on one flight when stretching and was then scared that my toes were going to be chopped up when the people in front adjusted their tray tables.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by tyberius
We're down to only United now that we can book F and have no scamcharge?
That's why Aeropain Crumbs are worthless. Go burn them on J RTW's and be done.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, SPG Gold, UA MP
Originally Posted by Crampedin13A
Agreed that is annoying. But YUL-ZRH-YUL in F is normally almost empty anyway.
Can you request upgrade to F on a reward J ticket at check-in or gate?
Old Jan 1, 2013, 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by gtpdiddy
No I don't think so. ;(
Old Jan 1, 2013, 2:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Gold/HH Diamond/IC Plat Amba
You can request one but I seriously doubt you would get it. I was upgraded as a SEN from 4A(probably the best J seat) once on a paid ticket on a completely full flight,but I was also the only person upgraded. Normally I see 1 or 2 people in F on YUL-ZRH and sometimes none. If you look on the Miles and More board there is an upgrade thread. Even M + M HON's don't seem to get upgraded that much.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 3:32 pm

They sell LMUs, but expect to pay $1K+.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by rehoult
They sell LMUs, but expect to pay $1K+.
I enquired about an upgrade on a paid ticket last week from J to F (YUL-ZRH) and was given a few options:

1) Upgrade using M&M points
2) Call AE for a *A upgrade (probably wouldn't be possible though because I believe those come out of O space and my ticket wasn't eligible anyway)
3) Refare the ticket

The flight was oversold in Y and I believe there were quite a few op-ups to J as well as 3 people op-ups to F (or they possibly chose to upgrade using option 1). I slummed it in J.

From the M&M forum there are cheap upgrades on extremely oversold flights but those are very rare.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by SensFan
I enquired about an upgrade on a paid ticket last week from J to F (YUL-ZRH) and was given a few options:

1) Upgrade using M&M points
2) Call AE for a *A upgrade (probably wouldn't be possible though because I believe those come out of O space and my ticket wasn't eligible anyway)
3) Refare the ticket

The flight was oversold in Y and I believe there were quite a few op-ups to J as well as 3 people op-ups to F (or they possibly chose to upgrade using option 1). I slummed it in J.

From the M&M forum there are cheap upgrades on extremely oversold flights but those are very rare.
Depends on the day. There are posts in the M&M forum about people asking at check-in and it being offered.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.