Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Nexus in advanced pax info will not allow OLCI

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nexus in advanced pax info will not allow OLCI

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Exclamation Nexus in advanced pax info will not allow OLCI

A couple months ago, AC added the ability to add Nexus info to your PNR.

Three times now I've added my Nexus info to Advanced Passenger Info after booking (well in advance of OLCI) and then tried to OLCI I would get a message 'unable to OLCI'.

You can use your Nexus info, but I've only been able to OLCI successfuly when I do it as part of the OLCI process.

My process is:
1) Book flight
2) Add birthdate/gender to pax info immediately afterwards
3) Submit Nexus info during OLCI
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I love you. But I wish you had posted this 24 hours ago

I removed the NEXUS information from my booking, then was able to complete my OLCI.

Let's hope my waitlist position isn't hurt too much
Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:34 pm

Programs: *G
This afternoon I received an email from DHS/Nexus stating that "Canadian citizens who are traveling domestically in the United States who are members of NEXUS are now qualified to participate in TSE PreCheck".

It also says that "Members interested in participating in TSE PreCheck through their NEXUS membership must enter their PASS ID into the ‘Known Traveler’ field when booking a flight reservation or saving their PASS ID to their airline’s frequent flyer profile."

But I guess the OP has identified a wrinkle in this process.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by fin 645
This afternoon I received an email from DHS/Nexus stating that "Canadian citizens who are traveling domestically in the United States who are members of NEXUS are now qualified to participate in TSE PreCheck".

It also says that "Members interested in participating in TSE PreCheck through their NEXUS membership must enter their PASS ID into the ‘Known Traveler’ field when booking a flight reservation or saving their PASS ID to their airline’s frequent flyer profile."

But I guess the OP has identified a wrinkle in this process.
Not really, because AC doesn't operate any domestic US flights.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: AC E50K (MM), BA Gold, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), National Exec
TSA Pre - a good thing if you can find it

I've been to a number of U.S. airports where the TSA Pre is advertised but there is no actual TSA Pre line. If you're at one of these "TSA Pre ad only" airports and you ask a TSA person where you should go if you are "TSA Pre" approved, you'll get some mixed answers - be ready for it.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
had the exact same issue last weekend for LAX MR.

I was dreading the SSSS note on my BP but when I got to YEG in the morning, and used the Kiosk, it gave me the option of passport or Nexus. Hit Passport, DOC check was okay and away I went.

Lesson: Don't use Nexus for OLCI.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by PreferJ
I've been to a number of U.S. airports where the TSA Pre is advertised but there is no actual TSA Pre line. If you're at one of these "TSA Pre ad only" airports and you ask a TSA person where you should go if you are "TSA Pre" approved, you'll get some mixed answers - be ready for it.
TSA website says you join the regular line and the pre-check info is embedded in the barcode, & you should get moved to the pre-check line when the BP is scanned... But yes, only US airlines on US domestic flights, (and no international flight on the itinerary either).

Last edited by yeg2where; Dec 22, 2012 at 3:26 pm Reason: re-read post & it made no sense...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:12 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
This is odd. I have entered my Nexus and was able to OLCI successfully ex YYZ. Not sure what the problem is?
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:29 pm

I had the same problem on a flight from YUL to BOS earlier this month. I could not OLCI on the outward or return leg. Perhaps there are intermittent issues since this form of advance ID info is still relatively new.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 8:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by morphius909
Lesson: Don't use Nexus for OLCI.
Originally Posted by flyquiet
This is odd. I have entered my Nexus and was able to OLCI successfully ex YYZ. Not sure what the problem is?
My experience has been that I can enter my Nexus during OLCI, it accepts the credentials and you get your boarding pass.

But if you enter your Nexus info before OLCI, you run into problems.
Old Dec 22, 2012, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76
My experience has been that I can enter my Nexus during OLCI, it accepts the credentials and you get your boarding pass.

But if you enter your Nexus info before OLCI, you run into problems.
I confirmed that today. I could not OLCI. I removed my NEXUS info. Then I could OLCI.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:00 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
Originally Posted by yeg2where
TSA website says you join the regular line and the pre-check info is embedded in the barcode, & you should get moved to the pre-check line when the BP is scanned... But yes, only US airlines on US domestic flights, (and no international flight on the itinerary either).
I've seen US Citizens TSA Pre SEA-YVR... I'll test it on the 26th and let you know as a Canadian
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:17 am

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by yvr76
A couple months ago, AC added the ability to add Nexus info to your PNR.

Three times now I've added my Nexus info to Advanced Passenger Info after booking (well in advance of OLCI) and then tried to OLCI I would get a message 'unable to OLCI'.

You can use your Nexus info, but I've only been able to OLCI successfuly when I do it as part of the OLCI process.

My process is:
1) Book flight
2) Add birthdate/gender to pax info immediately afterwards
3) Submit Nexus info during OLCI
Correct. Ran into this same issue. *NEVER* enter your NEXUS info in APIS.

Strangely enough, AC instructs NEXUS cardholders to enter the number in the center of the card *NOT* the PASS ID:

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...pop_nexus.html

This is the opposite of the TSA PRE requirements and I suspect is the ultimate reason APIS causes OLCI to fail. If you provide the PASS ID instead to APIS, OLCI succeeds
Old Dec 23, 2012, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by YYCOllie
Originally Posted by yeg2where
I've seen US Citizens TSA Pre SEA-YVR... I'll test it on the 26th and let you know as a Canadian
They may go to the pre line, but will be rejected on a flight to Canada as pre is only available for domestic us itineraries. The BP will be scanned, then they'll get one beep and sent to the normal line for normal screening.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by sinalet
Correct. Ran into this same issue. *NEVER* enter your NEXUS info in APIS.

Strangely enough, AC instructs NEXUS cardholders to enter the number in the center of the card *NOT* the PASS ID:

http://www.aircanada.com/shared/en/c...pop_nexus.html

This is the opposite of the TSA PRE requirements and I suspect is the ultimate reason APIS causes OLCI to fail. If you provide the PASS ID instead to APIS, OLCI succeeds
This is good to know. I did find it strange that they did not request the PassID.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.