Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

CIBC AventuraŽ Offer (Until Dec 31 2012)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2012, 5:25 am
alc
Original Poster

Found this offer off the CIBC web page:

https://www.cibc.com/ca/offers/index...TURAREBATE-E10

50% Rebate on 1st Year $120 Annual Fee
- CIBC AventuraŽ Visa Infinite™ Card
- CIBC AventuraŽ World MasterCard™ Card

Both cards with Welcome Bonus of 15,000 Aventura Points upon first purchase.

100% Rebate on 1st Year $39 Annual Fee
- CIBC AventuraŽ MasterCardŽ Card

This card has a Welcome Bonus of 2,500 Aventura Points upon first purchase. Learn more

Offer ends December 31, 2012

Reminder: Aventura Points may be converted to Aeroplan Miles at an exchange rate of 1 for 1, but points must be converted in 10,000 point increments.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 7:26 am

Regarding the 10K point increments, remember that you get 1K points for setting up an online profile, so you're looking at $4000 spend to get to the 20K (although there is some 1.5x categories).

When I previously closed the card, CIBC did move all my remaining points to Aeroplan (I had overspent the 20K limit by $63).

(Also last time I got the card it was first year free and CIBC still gave me $40 back when I cancelled the card 9 months after getting it)
Old Nov 2, 2012, 11:56 am

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
There's a separate special that just started yesterday. CIBC is waiving fees on pretty well all the CC's, including Aventura, and aerogold. They did that this past summer, waiving fees on the premium cards. But this time it includes other non-premium cards.

Originally Posted by mabramovich
When I previously closed the card, CIBC did move all my remaining points to Aeroplan (I had overspent the 20K limit by $63).
Really? That's great if they'd still do that. But I haven't read anything about them doing that. It might just be a one-time special favour they gave you.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
There's a separate special that just started yesterday. CIBC is waiving fees on pretty well all the CC's, including Aventura, and aerogold. They did that this past summer, waiving fees on the premium cards. But this time it includes other non-premium cards.

Really? That's great if they'd still do that. But I haven't read anything about them doing that. It might just be a one-time special favour they gave you.
Link?
Old Nov 2, 2012, 6:17 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by yerffej201
Link?
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/free-...-card-1249897/
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:03 am

The CIBC website is yet to show this, 50% off on select cards, 100% off on the Aventura card (2500 points)
Old Nov 3, 2012, 1:39 pm
alc
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hearna
The CIBC website is yet to show this, 50% off on select cards, 100% off on the Aventura card (2500 points)
Actually, I got to know this promo on the web page after I logoff my CIBC Online Banking.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
Supposed to be updated...
Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:46 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Originally Posted by alc
50% Rebate on 1st Year $120 Annual Fee
- CIBC AventuraŽ World MasterCard™ Card]
or instead of $60, why not get $75 to amazon.ca through an amazon referral?

Link here
Old Nov 3, 2012, 11:46 pm

Originally Posted by zoobtoob
or instead of $60, why not get $75 to amazon.ca through an amazon referral?

Link here
Because they're supposedly having a promo where it's 100% rebate.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 1:17 pm

why do they offer 100% off promo on the main page....then after clicking "Learn More" they reduce the promo to 50%?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:33 pm

I was actually planning to call to cancel my CIBC Aerogold Infinite today, so when the CSR asked why I was cancelling, I told her that I didn't want to pay a $120 annual fee and get no annual loyalty points bonus when I can get all of that by applying for another one of their products.

She says, "Oh, why don't I see if I can transfer your account to another product so you can get the points?" I say, "Sure, how about the Anventura?" and then after some checking, she goes, "Sorry, this card won't allow me to change to that product". She even checked a few more (the ones that offered sign-up bonuses) - no go. Guess CIBC doesn't want people to take the easy way out and transfer products to earn more bonus points.

I gladly cancelled and got my unused (pro-rated) annual fee refunded. Not sure I will apply for another CIBC product, but I can always be lured in by good deals like this one!
Old Nov 4, 2012, 2:50 pm

I missed this offer earlier this year. My FSR called Friday to say the promotion was on again. She did say it included all cards and fee waived for the first year. I opted for the Aerogold Visa Infinite Card but one of the Adventura cards might have been better, I did not know you could transfer the points to Aeroplan.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 5:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan; Marriott Platinum; IHG Platinum; Best Western Diamond
Originally Posted by pokee
I was actually planning to call to cancel my CIBC Aerogold Infinite today, so when the CSR asked why I was cancelling, I told her that I didn't want to pay a $120 annual fee and get no annual loyalty points bonus when I can get all of that by applying for another one of their products.

She says, "Oh, why don't I see if I can transfer your account to another product so you can get the points?" I say, "Sure, how about the Anventura?" and then after some checking, she goes, "Sorry, this card won't allow me to change to that product". She even checked a few more (the ones that offered sign-up bonuses) - no go. Guess CIBC doesn't want people to take the easy way out and transfer products to earn more bonus points.

I gladly cancelled and got my unused (pro-rated) annual fee refunded. Not sure I will apply for another CIBC product, but I can always be lured in by good deals like this one!
The Aventura is MC. The aerogold visa or infinite aerogold visa, are visa. Cannot transfer from one to another.
Old Nov 4, 2012, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by yscleo
The Aventura is MC. The aerogold visa or infinite aerogold visa, are visa. Cannot transfer from one to another.
Wrong...Aventura has a World MC AND an Infinite VISA...suggest you check out the OP and the CIBC website...

https://www.cibc.com/ca/visa/aventur...-LearnMore-E11

Apparently, cannot transfer from CIBC Aerogold Infinite VISA to any other VISA period. Too bad. But, CIBC doesn't seem too concerned about retention. I guess they figure you'll be back...

Last edited by pokee; Nov 4, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.