Wiki Posts
Search

YYZ FRA CMB - Loung Access in FRA?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2012, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
YYZ FRA CMB - Loung Access in FRA?

I'm AC*E and traveling from YYZ to CMB via FRA. The FRA-CMB portion is on UL but is an AC code share. Will I have lounge access in FRA?
Old May 28, 2012, 1:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by omkhar
I'm AC*E and traveling from YYZ to CMB via FRA. The FRA-CMB portion is on UL but is an AC code share. Will I have lounge access in FRA?
No.
Nor will you get any miles.
Old May 28, 2012, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Nor will you get any miles.
I presume you mean no miles for the FRA-CMB portion....
Old May 28, 2012, 2:05 pm

Not even on AC codeshare flights?
I remember when I used to fly TPE-YVR when AC codeshare with BR and got full status miles.
Old May 28, 2012, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Hmm, according to http://www.aircanada.com/en/aeroplan/tc.html

For travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by partner airlines such as Avianca, Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and TACA, mileage accumulation is only eligible when flights are booked, ticketed and sold by Air Canada and the ticket has an Air Canada 4-digit flight number.

To receive mileage credit for Air Canada codeshare flights operated by Avianca, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and TACA please send your original boarding pass and a legible copy of your ticket to the Aeroplan Centre, as the mileage accumulation is not automated.
but it goes further to say:
Mileage (or flight segment) accumulation for travel on Air Canada code-share flights operated by Air Creebec, Avianca, Canadian North and Jet Airways, Middle East Airlines, SriLankan Airlines and TACA will not qualify as Air Canada Status Miles Canadian North and Middle East Airlines do not qualify as Air Canada Status Miles (or Status Flight Segments) so do not count towards Air Canada Top Tier status.
Old May 28, 2012, 3:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by omkhar
Thats quite nice of AP - make sure to save that boarding pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.