Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW: Seat selection For bookings made elsewhere than on aircanada.com

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2014, 7:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LAX
Does non-AC *G get complimentary seat assignments on NA flights on Tango fares? What about those without status, but on the same PNR? TIA.

LAX
E75K does not get complimentary seat assignment on NA Tango fares, so foreign *G definitely do not.
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:21 pm
LAX

Programs: OZ Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow
E75K does not get complimentary seat assignment on NA Tango fares, so foreign *G definitely do not.
Wow! I guess AC really doesn't want anyone buy Tango fares.

LAX
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:33 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
I booked CDG-YUL-LAX through United on AC using miles yesterday. I have UA Gold status, and my fare shows as flex. I was able to DM AC on Twitter and get seat assignments, but they were unable to provide me with Preferred seating. Am I just SOL because I don't have status with AC, or is there a workaround?
Old Dec 24, 2014, 2:34 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by roki
I booked CDG-YUL-LAX through United on AC using miles yesterday. I have UA Gold status, and my fare shows as flex. I was able to DM AC on Twitter and get seat assignments, but they were unable to provide me with Preferred seating. Am I just SOL because I don't have status with AC, or is there a workaround?
SOL!, well you could pay for a preferred seat. The same thing happened when I have a flight on UA using my *G # through AC. SOL, had to buy the preferred seats
Old Dec 24, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by roki
AC phone agent told me a few weeks ago there was a recent policy change to that effect. (Fortunately, she did not rescind my existing row 12 assignments.)

It was nice while it lasted, but I can understand AC's policy change given the lack of reciprocity by UA and the fact that AC now has its own full-fledged "E+" sections of Preferred seats to monetize. AC elites must be feeling a bit more satisfied now.
Old Dec 24, 2014, 4:37 pm

Programs: AA, TY, UR, UA, US, WN, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by superangrypenguin
SOL!, well you could pay for a preferred seat. The same thing happened when I have a flight on UA using my *G # through AC. SOL, had to buy the preferred seats
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
AC phone agent told me a few weeks ago there was a recent policy change to that effect. (Fortunately, she did not rescind my existing row 12 assignments.)

It was nice while it lasted, but I can understand AC's policy change given the lack of reciprocity by UA and the fact that AC now has its own full-fledged "E+" sections of Preferred seats to monetize. AC elites must be feeling a bit more satisfied now.

Bummer. My flight is evenly split (7hr and 6hr), so it's not even worth it to pay on one leg, I think. I'm in 18F and 18G on a 77W, and 19D and 19E on an A320. Seat guru doesnt paint a pretty picture of those seats, but does it even really matter?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 9:18 am

Programs: SK Diamond
On a *A award booking flying SK C/LH C/LH F/AC C with FRA-YYZ-MSP being the last two legs. Able to reserve a seat on all flights but the last leg with Air Canada. Attempted to use the link in the 1st post, but I only get a "booking reference invalid" error here as well. Anyone got any advice on how to reserve a seat on this flight?
Old Dec 25, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
On a *A award booking flying SK C/LH C/LH F/AC C with FRA-YYZ-MSP being the last two legs. Able to reserve a seat on all flights but the last leg with Air Canada. Attempted to use the link in the 1st post, but I only get a "booking reference invalid" error here as well. Anyone got any advice on how to reserve a seat on this flight?
Did you use the AC booking reference? The amadeus one obviously won't work. You need the RES-III one.
Old Dec 25, 2014, 3:15 pm

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by Stranger
Did you use the AC booking reference? The amadeus one obviously won't work. You need the RES-III one.
No, the only reference I have is the amadeus one in the receipt from SAS. I do not have any AC booking reference that has been provided to me - do anyone know if there is there any way of retrieving that ref?

(I did assume that the link in the first post made seat selection available using the amadeus booking reference, turns out I was wrong then.)
Old Dec 25, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
No, the only reference I have is the amadeus one in the receipt from SAS. I do not have any AC booking reference that has been provided to me - do anyone know if there is there any way of retrieving that ref?

(I did assume that the link in the first post made seat selection available using the amadeus booking reference, turns out I was wrong then.)
The only way I know to find the AC locator is phoning them. Although in your case phoning SK might help?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 12:29 am

Programs: CX-Gold, WS-Gold, AC-E35K, NEXUS, ABTC, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, HH-Gold, MR-Silver
Continue button cut off, so can't confirm seat selection

I am trying to do some seat selections using the seat selection tool for bookings that aren't made on AirCanada.com. While I can make the selection for the TPAC segments, on the domestic segments (one on an A320, one on an E90), the continue button is cut-off so it is impossible to confirm the seat selection. I tried in both Firefox and Internet Explorer, different zoom levels, but nothing makes it appear.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't recall having the problem before, but it's been several months since I last used the tool. Any suggestions for me to fix?
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Twitter is your friend. A couple of days ago, I tweeted @AirCanada and had seats selected within 5 minutes. ^
Old Feb 21, 2015, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by veechee
I am trying to do some seat selections using the seat selection tool for bookings that aren't made on AirCanada.com. While I can make the selection for the TPAC segments, on the domestic segments (one on an A320, one on an E90), the continue button is cut-off so it is impossible to confirm the seat selection. I tried in both Firefox and Internet Explorer, different zoom levels, but nothing makes it appear.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don't recall having the problem before, but it's been several months since I last used the tool. Any suggestions for me to fix?
I just did select seats for our trip in June and it was a breeze. Used Chrome.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I've actually had a similar problem booking flights on united.com, but I just tweak the CSS to show the button I want

Not sure if that would work on AC, but I agree that Twitter sounds like the easiest option.
Old Feb 21, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: CX-Gold, WS-Gold, AC-E35K, NEXUS, ABTC, IHG-Gold, SPG-Gold, HH-Gold, MR-Silver
I tried in Chrome too, same issue. Perhaps it is an issue specific to Premium Economy bookings where the domestic fares are Latitude, allowing all the preferred seats to be chosen for free?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.