Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How are all you guys Elite and Super Elite??~

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2012, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K / Marriott Silver Elite / SPG

Hey everyone, I am just taking a poll on how most of you are all AC E and SE. Of course, most of you guys ahve others status from hotels, car rentals etc.

Just wondering, are you guys all consultants? I know that profession gets to travel on numerous occasions throughout the year.

If you don't ming me asking, can you please post your profession?
Your all my role models!

PS: Don't make fun of me, but after 19 years of travelling, I have yet to ride business class!
Old May 16, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Air Miles
I fly once a year and i have flown in business class numerous times...
Old May 16, 2012, 5:58 am

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
It's not difficult if you do work in Asia or south America. I think most would love to have a job that didn't require so much travel. Elite status and ff miles are just a way to make the most of your situation. I would love to be able to see my loved ones every night, instead of over a phone line.

Edit: Sorry for that, I didn't intend for it to be so depressing.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:10 am

Programs: AC*E, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by CRAZYBUBBA
I would love to be able to see my loved ones every night, instead of over a phone line.
Completely agree with the above!

But to answer the question, I've been Elite for the last 6 years, and will probably make it to 50K elite next year. In these 6 years I've worked for a Fortune 100 technology company and held a variety of roles:

Security Architect (Canadian + Caribbean Market)
Presales Architect (North American Market)
Technical Solution Architect (Canadian + Caribbean Market)
Cloud Security Lead Architect (World Wide)

Our corp policy used to allow biz class travel for flights over 8 hrs, it no longer does. In my entire time as Elite, the business has paid for business class no more than a handful of times (last minute flight, important meeting, only seat left on the plane). Everything else has been upgrades.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:10 am

It's not difficult if you do work in Asia or south America. I think most would love to have a job that didn't require so much travel. Elite status and ff miles are just a way to make the most of your situation. I would love to be able to see my loved ones every night, instead of over a phone line.

Depressing perhalps, but it needs to be said, may not be as glamourse as some think...
Old May 16, 2012, 6:15 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Management consultant, yep. Airline/hotel status is a side-effect of the travel for the job. Travel is either a perk or a drag, depending on your outlook.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:21 am

Just move to Newfoundland. From here, you often have to fly a thousand miles west to go east. It racks up the miles quickly. The downside is that it's expensive to fly off of this rock.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I don't see the relevance of disclosing our professions. I could be a waiter in a restaurant who loves to fly.
Old May 16, 2012, 6:46 am

i'm a geek that likes to travel..........does geek count?
Old May 16, 2012, 7:16 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by krayZpaving
Management consultant, yep. Airline/hotel status is a side-effect of the travel for the job. Travel is either a perk or a drag, depending on your outlook.
Strategy consultant here. I say drag because I hate flying. But I love accumulating points. So, it balances out to meh.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:32 am

Programs: AC25K
Software Consultant here.

I work in a satellite office in England, but am Canadian and have an office near Toronto. So I do LHR->YYZ ~6 times a year. So those flights alone previously have given me 35,000+. I then do a couple trips to India, HK etc. and all over EU which make up the rest. Status miles wise have been 60,000+ for the past 5 years with my highest being 78,000 a couple years back.

Had paid J and paid F once each both on LHR->HKG.
Old May 16, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Business development for me. I quit my last job because the travel got to be too much. This one's better, and am grooming a junior to take more of it off my plate so I can spend more time with my family and our shiny new barbecue :-)

Company is cheap and never pays for J - not even on TPAC routes! Any time I've ridden up front it's always been on an upgrade. Between those and the lounges (thank you, free beer machine) it makes the grind a little easier to take.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive

You don't have to travel non stop and never see your family for status!
I only usually travel about once a month for a week or 10 days. Most nights I put my kids to bed myself.
I have been SE for two years and it has been easy to achieve without MRs.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:09 am
Used to be '076753k'

Programs: AirCanada*G
Mining industry, so work ferries me between yhz & yxe, board an atr from there to get to work. I work a 3x3 schedule and usually just fly AC i get the odd WS flight and its painful. With leisure travel + work i should be over the 50k mark this year.
Old May 16, 2012, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyer4Ever
Hey everyone, I am just taking a poll on how most of you are all AC E and SE. Of course, most of you guys ahve others status from hotels, car rentals etc.

Just wondering, are you guys all consultants? I know that profession gets to travel on numerous occasions throughout the year.

If you don't ming me asking, can you please post your profession?
Your all my role models!

PS: Don't make fun of me, but after 19 years of travelling, I have yet to ride business class!
Fall in love on the other side of the world. That'll collect lots and lots and lots of miles!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.