Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

flight cancellation and auto rebooking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2012, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: 100K

I was scheduled on AC64 this morning. It got cancelled and I was put on AC148... Then I noticed that 148 arrives at 22:20 and that my connecting flight AC92 leaves at 22:35.

If I didn't know any better I might of just let that be and in all likelihood miss my connection. I was under the mistaken assumption that there was some business logic in these automatic rebookings.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: NEXUS; alas, no status anymore.
Whether this is logical depends entirely on what other options there may be.

If this is the only option, you have a chance to make this connection but no chance if you leave on a later flight.
Old May 12, 2012, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: 100K
I phoned AC and I wasn't going to make my connection. I got rebooked on a flight half an hour earlier from my original.

Not sure why this wasn't done in the first place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.