Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to change status on AE booking?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2012, 8:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100KSE

Hi all,
I am traveling this week to China, on a J reward ticket I bought when I was E. My status showing with the booking reference is of course Elite. Anyone know if it should be possible for it to be updated to SE? I've called aeroplan and air Canada. AC can't/won't touch the booking, and AE can't seem to change the status. Apparently there is now a "note" on my booking indicating my SE status, but seems kind of strange to me. I've become quite spoilt and enjoy the extra attention being SE sometimes brings.
Anyone else experience this? Anyone manage to work around it?
Thanks
Old May 8, 2012, 7:27 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Only " benefit" would be having your meal order taken first ( happens about 67% of
the time). Other than that, no difference, so why bother?
Old May 8, 2012, 7:38 am

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
What about IRROPS? I've had concierges call me when I'm still at home for a delayed flight.
Old May 8, 2012, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100KSE
Yah, it is really the extra service when things go wrong that I don't want to miss.
Old May 9, 2012, 7:15 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Then I would just whip out my SE card and show it to whomever is doing re-bookings,
or call the SE line for help.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.