Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Star Challenge

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2013, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Need 100:-: to earn the 20k points.

The retail partner transactions (for 2:-: each) require a minimum $10 transaction. Much more difficult than $3 Esso “fill-ups” last year.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by FewMiles
Need 100:-: to earn the 20k points.

The retail partner transactions (for 2:-: each) require a minimum $10 transaction. Much more difficult than $3 Esso “fill-ups” last year.
$10 gift card each day be pretty easy. Not sure which denominations and stores be available at Esso, have to look at my local one.

If you could find a $10 gift card that's useful, buying one each day for 30 days be 60 stars.

Go to Sobeys and buy a $10 gift card that's useful, buying one each day for 20 days be 40 stars.

Total spent: $500
Earn 25,000 miles that's worth ~$250 or more depending how you spend them - note: 25K is only if you have a financial card e.g. Aerogold, Amex Aeroplan else its 20k

Of course you could cut that down by actually flying AC (perish the thought!), or having an associated credit card.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by will5404
$10 gift card each day be pretty easy. Not sure which denominations and stores be available at Esso, have to look at my local one.

If you could find a $10 gift card that's useful, buying one each day for 30 days be 60 stars.

Go to Sobeys and buy a $10 gift card that's useful, buying one each day for 20 days be 40 stars.

Total spent: $500
Earn 25,000 miles that's worth ~$250 or more depending how you spend them - note: 25K is only if you have a financial card e.g. Aerogold, Amex Aeroplan else its 20k

Of course you could cut that down by actually flying AC (perish the thought!), or having an associated credit card.
Assuming there is no gift card exclusions (my quick look at T&C didn't find such exclusion)

It's doable, not sure if I want to go that crazy as Sobeys is ~5 km from me and Esso is ~3 km
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:11 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Even $10 gas a day at Esso is not too hard. Just have to make a 2km detour per day. But we only have 15 days in the country during this promo!! That's not going to cut it.

Sobeys and Home Hardware are not too far away. But there is nothing I want to buy there!!!
Old Mar 7, 2013, 9:15 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by jarusoba
Even $10 gas a day at Esso is not too hard. Just have to make a 2km detour per day. But we only have 15 days in the country during this promo!! That's not going to cut it.

Sobeys and Home Hardware are not too far away. But there is nothing I want to buy there!!!
umm ... I don't see how $10 a day is not hard, even with a 2km detour, unless your commute is hyper long or your car is a Hummer (or both). I think I can do it with my 110km per day of commute - but for most normal people it's pretty tough
Old Mar 7, 2013, 11:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

As this is a expired promotion I'll close this thread and ask members to share their thoughts on the current 2013 in its thread here.

tcook052
Air Canada Forum Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.