Search

USAir cheap BUF-LGA fare

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2001, 8:35 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Location: New York - DL Gold, AA Gold, AC Prestige, VS Silver
USAir cheap BUF-LGA fare

While I'm not much of a fan of USAir, and will continue to support AC - I was looking for prices for a friend who's still a student. USAir currently has BUF-LGA for CAD$85 (CAS$110 with tax) until Dec. 15th.
Quite an amazing price, especially since the cheapest non-stop YYZ-LGA is about CAD$370. I wouldn't drive to BUF for it, but the price differential must be attractive to some .
Old Oct 10, 2001, 8:45 am

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
I've been saying this all along!

I just bought an (upgradeable) BUF-LAX ticket for USD$192.50 with taxes. Next month, I'm flying to CDG in Envoy Class on a weekend trip for USD$425. It doesn't get any better than that!

US Airways is a great airline - you should try them out

Cheap US destinations from BUF, and airlines that are responsible:

NYC (JetBlue)
BOS (Shuttle America)
BWI (Southwest)
Southeast/Florida (Southwest, AirTran)
West Coast (Southwest)
CHI (Vanguard)
Old Oct 10, 2001, 9:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL GM, AA Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat
JetBlue has a $60 R/T (US) BUF-JFK through 12/15/01. Tickets must be purchased by 10/19.

http://www.jetblue.com/specialoffers...al_offers.html
Old Oct 10, 2001, 10:22 am

Programs: several
Is that the "Award Winning" Envoy Class on US Airways you're speaking of?
Old Oct 10, 2001, 11:14 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Diamond
As a Canadian graduate student living in the States I almost always fly into Buffalo when returning to Toronto. With my limited income the added inconvenience of the additional 2 hour drive is more than made up for by the typical $100 US savings over flying into Toronto. Besides, BUF is much smaller and more manageable to get in and out of than YYZ.
Old Oct 10, 2001, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
The award-winning Envoy Class service I rave about is US Airways' international business class product. It is available on all their A-330 and B-767 flights to Europe.

Parking at BUF is cheaper than YYZ. Filling up is also cheaper across the border, so the savings keep adding up!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.