Let's Stop.....

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2012, 9:52 pm
DWM
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (and climbing), SPG Plat, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Let's Stop.....

All,

I am tired of the ill will of AC from the group. This has grown old, and everyone needs more positivity in their lives.

AC is a great airline and the personnel match that expectation to the best of their ability. Canada is full of malcontents! Waaaaaa, I had to wait for my bag for 40 minutes, I had a tango plus fare and didn't get an upgrade, I had to wait on the phone for 20 minutes for a flight question to Calgary from Saskatoon.... Where does it stop?

If you prefer to complain, write your MP about the taxes....

Complain about a middle seat in a 737-300 on a $800 fare from O'Hare to PITT in the '80's. I wasn't happy, but that was it was..... Pay for it!

Disclaimer: Never have, and never will work for an airline. I will be a Super Elite again this year with ease, and many years to come.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:48 pm
Suspended

"Waaaaa, people here don't post like I want them to. Make them."

1. Hypocritical post. 2. Unrealistic desires. 3. Subjective judgment as to what's "better" not shared by all people sharing and generating the content of this website.

Conclusion:

If you don't like what you read, turn the channel, the website, close the newspaper, turn off the TV, go outside and play.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:52 pm

Originally Posted by tyberius
If you don't like what you read, turn the channel, the website, close the newspaper, turn off the TV, go outside and play.
Well said. ^^^
Old Mar 5, 2012, 10:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am inclined to agree that nowadays, AC is pretty much OK. This said, my experience is that of an SE + MMer. Not 100% sure if it really extrapolates.

OTOH I really wish a good nice bankruptcy for Aeroplan. ASAP.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:08 pm

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
Originally Posted by Stranger
I am inclined to agree that nowadays, AC is pretty much OK.
Kind of sad if "OK" is the best we can hope for. Or, as a friend of mine once used to describe a coworker: "exceptionally average".
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jagboi
Kind of sad if "OK" is the best we can hope for. Or, as a friend of mine once used to describe a coworker: "exceptionally average".
In my book, OK is pretty good. I just don't like hyperbole.

Also, if your praise is too good, they'll quickly find that maybe it's a good time to save money on service. So better be conservative and not go overboard in praising them.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:37 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
AC is not bad compared to US airlines.
They still have lots to improve upon and people like to vent when something bothers them. There is no contradiction here and we don't live in a communist country, complain if you want and read the complains or not - your choice.
I don't hear anyone complaining about the FTers who think AC can do no wrong and telling them to stop posting positive comments.
Old Mar 5, 2012, 11:52 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Stranger
I am inclined to agree that nowadays, AC is pretty much OK. This said, my experience is that of an SE + MMer. Not 100% sure if it really extrapolates.

OTOH I really wish a good nice bankruptcy for Aeroplan. ASAP.
Not sure why people decouple Aeroplan and AC. Aeroplan's limited award availability, fuel surcharges etc. for AC flights is directly under the direction and control of AC.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:08 am

Originally Posted by DWM
Where does it stop?
In the greener pastures of other carriers.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:41 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

"AC is not bad compared to US airlines."

Probably the most damning (and oft repeated) claim made about (against?) Air Canada.

Btw, I fly US carriers on a regular basis and find them quite satisfactory.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:48 am
Original Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.448 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Originally Posted by DWM
All,

I am tired of the ill will of AC from the group. This has grown old, and everyone needs more positivity in their lives.

AC is a great airline and the personnel match that expectation to the best of their ability. Canada is full of malcontents! Waaaaaa, I had to wait for my bag for 40 minutes, I had a tango plus fare and didn't get an upgrade, I had to wait on the phone for 20 minutes for a flight question to Calgary from Saskatoon.... Where does it stop?

If you prefer to complain, write your MP about the taxes....

Complain about a middle seat in a 737-300 on a $800 fare from O'Hare to PITT in the '80's. I wasn't happy, but that was it was..... Pay for it!

Disclaimer: Never have, and never will work for an airline. I will be a Super Elite again this year with ease, and many years to come.
Yay, mediocrity!!!
Old Mar 6, 2012, 12:51 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by jjclancy
Originally Posted by DWM
Where does it stop?
In the greener pastures of other carriers.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:00 am

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by DWM
Waaaaaa, I had to wait for my bag for 40 minutes, ...
Maybe you should get out of YEG and Canada more often! It's entirely the norm to have your bag in a matter of minutes (as in 10 minutes or less!) in some of the busiest airports in the world like SIN, ICN or HKG.

I suggest you get out more often, maybe your expectations will increase.

Some of us have far better things to do than to wait a ridiculous amount of time for our bags.
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by tyberius
outside and play.
that made my day
Old Mar 6, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, AAirpass, & CK 2MM, MR Plat Premier, DL Plat, US Plat, UA RECOVERING GS
What a self righteous post. Other's can't complain but the OP can apparently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.