Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Will anyone answer phone at Aeroplan??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2001, 12:26 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife
Original Poster

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat

I've been trying on and off for weeks to get through to Aeroplan. Even tried through AC.

I think that no one is there. I have been on hold for an hour at a time.

I was considering collecting on AC instead of UA. I could get *gold next year on AC, not UA. BUT how can you redeem awards if you can't get a live person. EVER! EVER!

With upcoming trip soon, should we collect LH or UA? How come on hold forever with Aeroplan? How do you all deal with it?
Old Sep 27, 2001, 12:45 pm
ALW

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">I could get *gold next year on AC, not UA. BUT how can you redeem awards if you can't get a live person. EVER! EVER!</font>
Once you make *gold you'll have a lot less trouble getting through.

(Remember the multi-hour waits on the basic lines when they first took over CP but hadn't merged the workforces? Anyone know how many phone agents they've laid off [or how many phone-agent-hours they've cut] in the last couple of weeks? Those things don't make the news the way front-line staff cuts do).

andrew
Old Sep 27, 2001, 12:49 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Andrew is right... also *G with AC will get you access to UA RCC for free. AC *G will also get you no capacity control on Y award seats which is a big plus comparing to UA. {We are assuming that all benefits remain the same next year}.
Old Sep 27, 2001, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"We are assuming that all benefits remain the same next year."
Given the present context that is perhaps not a foregone conclusion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.