Wiki Posts
Search

LAX Connection

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:25 am
Original Poster

LAX Connection

I see AC flys in and out of T2 in LAX.

If I where to fly YYC-LAX-YUL, I would clear us customs in YYC and CDN customs in YUL. I assume I would not have to clear anything (security included) in LAX?
Old Feb 18, 2012, 11:47 am

That sounds correct to me. As long as you are not leaving the gate area of T2 and your YUL check in is already done, head straight to the MLL on the second level. Sounds like a fun run! Enjoy.
Old Feb 18, 2012, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEGbase
That sounds correct to me. As long as you are not leaving the gate area of T2 and your YUL check in is already done, head straight to the MLL on the second level. Sounds like a fun run! Enjoy.
Double miles almost for an extra 55$
Old Feb 23, 2012, 1:43 pm

Correct, all the gates that Air Canada fly out of are in T2 and are all grouped together. There are restaurants/stores on the main level and the MLL on the second level. Security is just outside the area so as long as you stay inside there you will be fine.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:10 pm

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Although the MLL is there many have commented that you can also access Air New Zeland's lounge near by which apparently has better food and enviorment?
Old Feb 23, 2012, 2:21 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
Although the MLL is there many have commented that you can also access Air New Zeland's lounge near by which apparently has better food and enviorment?
That is correct. Air New Zealand has a much larger lounge, with better food, a better selection of drinks, and washrooms (!!). The MLL in LAX is small and has no washrooms, you have to go out into the terminal. Dragon there told me they have zero room to expand, so that that situation won't change any time soon.

Air New Zealand lounge is literally right next door to the MLL - you walk right past it going to and from the gates.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Nice! Just checked the *A site and it also has showers!

*SOLD*
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Was at LAX a couple weeks ago - the New Zealand lounge only opens at 1:30pm.

Also, if you ever want to do this routing via United, you'll have to transfer terminals (T7 to T2). It's about a 10 minute walk through the parking lot.
Old Feb 23, 2012, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by yvr76

Also, if you ever want to do this routing via United, you'll have to transfer terminals (T7 to T2). It's about a 10 minute walk through the parking lot.
Plus an additional scope 'n grope courtesy of the TSA....
Old Feb 23, 2012, 10:20 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
I think this would have to be on two tickets to get around the cabotage issues.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: AC- SE100 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, National Executive, Nexus/GE
Originally Posted by yvr76

So you can walk across the parking lot! I have laways taken the free shuttle or walked the horseshoe, and never asked if I could cut across.

That is the one thing I hate about LAX. AC in T2 and UA across the way in T6/7, that extra TSA expereince is one I can do without!
Old Feb 24, 2012, 7:50 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
So you can walk across the parking lot! I have laways taken the free shuttle or walked the horseshoe, and never asked if I could cut across.

That is the one thing I hate about LAX. AC in T2 and UA across the way in T6/7, that extra TSA expereince is one I can do without!
Yes, I've done both before and walking across is actually faster if you're willing to walk briskly and the added bonus that you don't have to wait for a shuttle.

There's been an ongoing effort by *Alliance to consolidate similar carriers into the same terminal (e.g. SFO will eventually have this with Terminal 3 for UA, US and AC) but I don't think this will ever happen with LAX since AC has a lounge there.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: AC*SE-MM, BA Bronze, Marriott Titanium & lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
I think this would have to be on two tickets to get around the cabotage issues.
If the ultimate destination is back in the originating airline's home country, I think an intermediate transfer in a second country is allowed. The problem would be trying to do that routing on a US airline's tickets.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
I have tried with AA YYZ to YVR via LAX or DFW for example and they won't ticket it for cabotage reasons. Does not come up as a legal route.

YYZ LAX day 1 then LAX YVR a day later is permitted, then I suppose on full fare, you could land at LAX then change the return ticket to the same day.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by krayZpaving
If the ultimate destination is back in the originating airline's home country, I think an intermediate transfer in a second country is allowed. The problem would be trying to do that routing on a US airline's tickets.
It is not a thru fare, it is 2 one way fares.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.