Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Anyway to see seats available before I book?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K

Here's one I can't believe I've never run into up until now. I'm looking at a last minute run to New Zealand. I'm 6'4", and the clients going to balk at Business Class airfare (besides, most of those seats are long gone.)

I can go United, and I know Economy Plus is available. I can go NZ, and Premium Economy is available. I'd like to go AC (better timing), but is there any way of knowing if an Exit row or bulkhead seat is available? I'd prefer AC over UA for long-haul travel in Y, but not if I'm stuck in a regular seat. The online booking engine for AC only shows seat selection AFTER they take my credit card.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: AC, AA, SPG
As soon as you click on a fare category a "preview seats" link opens up under the flight number for AC flights.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:21 pm

Programs: UA Plat
??? AC doesn't fly to AKL.
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by economyplusfan
??? AC doesn't fly to AKL.
No, that's accurate. It's Wellington I'm trying to line up, and it would be Air NZ out of YVR, or AC to SYD and an Air NZ hop from there to WLG.

The NZ flight is at 2pm, the AC/NC connection leaves at 8pm. When it's 3pm and you get a go order, it's nice to know what your options are. AC gets me in at midnight to WLG, with NZ it wouldn't be until 8am the next morning. And unfortunately, in my line of work, when I get a go order, 8 hours can make a big difference.

And thanks for the "Preview Seats" link - I can't believe I hadn't seen that until now. (facepalm)

Last edited by Boogie711; Jan 7, 2012 at 4:32 pm
Old Jan 7, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: StarAlliance (Aeroplan)
You could also use:
http://www.expertflyer.com/
Paid or free trial.

This will show you the seats on all StarAlliance flights and I suspect the same for OneWorld.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.