Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MLL lounge in FRA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2013, 4:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Some limited information about FRA MLL on the Altitude site.
Old Mar 4, 2013, 12:27 am

Programs: AC SE, Aeroflot Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
I checked out the site the other day. It is inching close - glass entry doors installed, so you can look through the doors (or at least I could on that day) and see the entrance layout. I never actually see anyone working there though, so my layman's guess is still a good couple of months.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:15 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
as of 16 March

This was the state as of yesterday

Old Mar 17, 2013, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold

Well, it´s still cold outside, so I guess they still have a few days/weeks.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 12:32 pm

I'm keeping my fingers crossed it's open when I fly in June.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by starflyergold
[/IMG]
Pretty sure that sign said "Maple Leaf Lounge, Opening summer 2012"

check post 40 in this thread
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:58 pm

Programs: AC, SPG, HH +others
From the NEWS sections of the Altitude web site

March 1, 2013Coming soon - a new Maple Leaf Lounge in Frankfurt

Here’s something to look forward to during a future trip to, or transit through, Frankfurt, Germany – a new Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge opening in summer 2013. Located near the Air Canada gates in Hall B, our new lounge will be the perfect complement to your travel experience.

Designed by renowned Toronto architectural design firm Dialogue 38, this lounge features a wide range of fresh features with a uniquely Canadian flair, including private ‘pods’ for relaxing and shower suites to freshen up. You’ll have space to stretch out, as the lounge is over 700 square metres, with seating capacity for up to 140.

Naturally, you’ll enjoy all of the amenities you’ve come to expect from Air Canada’s network of lounges, including beverages & light snacks, a wide selection of newspapers & magazines, plus complimentary WiFi.

Visit the ‘My Privileges’ page to learn more about your eligibility to access Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounges, along with hundreds of Star Alliance lounges worldwide.

Keep an eye out for upcoming updates about the launch of the newest addition to our network of Maple Leaf Lounges. In the meantime, find some exclusive renderings of the new lounge below:
Old Mar 18, 2013, 2:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The "private pod section" sounds interesting. Wondering what that is about? Presumably same sort of recliner chairs in a quiet zone, similar to theones in SEN lounge?

I wonder whether the lounge will be open until the last AC flight departs. The MLL could potentially be an oasis of peace and quietness in the afternoon with only one flight (AC877) departing later that day.

Also, did I miss something, or will there be no business center? The ability to print a few docs/BPs would be nice...
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Jasper2009
The "private pod section" sounds interesting. Wondering what that is about?
Maybe they are installing J class pods in lounge?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:07 am

Programs: UA 50K, refugee from AC E50K, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Pretty sure that sign said "Maple Leaf Lounge, Opening summer 2012"

check post 40 in this thread
Don't worry. When the lounge actually opens, we'll all be mailed invitations to the opening ceremony. SEs will get their invites last since mailings will again be handled by the Aussies.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 8:48 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
I can't help but think that this year-long delay has shades of the new BER delays.

On a serious note though, I would be curious to know the real reason AC finally took the plunge on their own FRA MLL when they have been tight partners and Star Alliance founders for over 15 years. Curious to me is all.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
I somehow suspect the Senator Lounge will continue to offer better food and drink, but this will be a welcome oasis when that lounge is over-crowded.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
On a serious note though, I would be curious to know the real reason AC finally took the plunge on their own FRA MLL when they have been tight partners and Star Alliance founders for over 15 years. Curious to me is all.
Maybe they did the math and figured it is cheaper to operate their own lounge than pay LH for our access.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
Maybe they did the math and figured it is cheaper to operate their own lounge than pay LH for our access.
Maybe? Has to be.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by The Lev
Would make perfect sense. There are hundreds of J pax, E/SEs and MLL Club members who access the LH lounges each day for which AC has to shell over chunks of money. If only 70%-80% of those pax start visiting the new MLL I´m sure that would make perfect sense economically.

Plus, AC may actually be able to expand brand awareness by having their own MLL, and if a concierge hangs out there, I could actually see some benefit int he MLL from a service-perspective.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.