Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The 2013 Air Canada Top Tier Program

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2013 Air Canada Top Tier Program

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by Tedgrrrr
I think I found a loophole to get TONS more eupgrades - should I post it? lol
nominate your pet?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: AC E, *A G, Starwood Platinum, Fairmont Platinum, Porter Points
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9700; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.666 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I wonder if the credit towards requalifying can be used to move up a tier. i.e. a 50k needing 70K to get to 75K elite?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:51 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Air Canada Altitude - Disappointing

As others have pointed out, this new system will have a negative impact on those travelers who average between 35K – 50K status miles. I happen to be one of those travelers as I average between 40K – 45K each year. I’ve never passed the 50K mark and I do not anticipate that will happen for me anytime soon. So, with this new system, I will be downgraded from Star Alliance Gold to Silver, I will only have access to “select” MLL from having access to all MLL / Star Alliance Gold Lounges, lose access to complementary preferred seats and no priority baggage handling.

Air Canada’s slogan for the rebrand is, “New tiers and benefits. With you in mind.” Seeing as how I stand to gain nothing from this new system but will lose quite a bit, I fail to see how they had “me” in mind.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA Gold, Marriott Plat Prem., Hilton Gold, National Exec Elite.
Originally Posted by DutchSE
nominate your pet?
Yes, gift the 50K status to your pet, have your pet nominate you, and then loot your pet's eupgrade account... that's an extra 40 upgrades, on top of the 70 we already get... so 110!!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by rstpeters
Air Canada’s slogan for the rebrand is, “New tiers and benefits. With you in mind.” Seeing as how I stand to gain nothing from this new system but will lose quite a bit, I fail to see how they had “me” in mind.
The only people that made out ok with this is 100kSEs.

Air Canada clearly doesnt care about your 40k.
Hopefully you and everyone else that got screwed will stop flying Air Canada. But that wont happen - so they dont care
Old Sep 20, 2012, 1:57 pm

Programs: AC E50K MM * DL MM * HH Diamond * Marriott Lifetime Titanium * Queen's '92
Exclamation

Unless we get a mass of protests, I'm going to close this thread so discussion can continue on the new one started by Air Canada Top Tier.

Simon
Moderator - AC/AE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.