Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

FAQ: LHR AC Arrivals & *A lounge options

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ: LHR AC Arrivals & *A lounge options

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2012, 12:04 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by rumblefox
If you're transferring, instead of just arriving, I would suggest you check out the new *A lounge - nice new showers and very spacious.
Where is this new lounge? If you are referring to the SQ lounge, we preferred the AC MLL lounge when transiting last month.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 2:22 pm

There was one time when my YVR flight was a bit late and the lounge was closing I guess - and we were rushed through. I guess it was union rules or AC not paying for overtime - but it could have been handled better.
+1

Happens far too frequently with the YVR flight. Last time It was so late I was refused a shower, and very snottily at that. AC needs to deal with this recurring issue, as otherwise the Arrivals Lounge is a great service.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:01 pm

Removed - dupe post

Last edited by visitor; Sep 9, 2012 at 3:02 pm Reason: Dupe
Old Sep 9, 2012, 3:36 pm

Programs: 100K
Originally Posted by Argonaut1000
Where is this new lounge? If you are referring to the SQ lounge, we preferred the AC MLL lounge when transiting last month.
There's a huge *A lounge diagonally straight across the open atrium, right after you come through security... it's not affiliated with any airline as far as I can tell.
Old Sep 9, 2012, 6:08 pm

Programs: AC QR WS*P
Depending on connection time, I would still go through customs to the Arrivals Lounge (just for the sandwich), but having been to both the MLL (AC/SK) and the SQ lounge, I much prefer the MLL. Is this new one discussed in T3 as well?
Old Sep 9, 2012, 7:54 pm

Programs: 100K
Originally Posted by kelapstick
Depending on connection time, I would still go through customs to the Arrivals Lounge (just for the sandwich), but having been to both the MLL (AC/SK) and the SQ lounge, I much prefer the MLL. Is this new one discussed in T3 as well?
No it's at T1
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...ounges/london/
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:34 pm

Programs: AC P
Question MLL after flight into LHR

Hey all,

If I'm reading the fine print on my MLL guest pass correctly, it's possible to use the pass to get into the Arrivals Lounge at LHR if we've arrived same-day on an Air Canada flight (and present our passes, of course). I ask because we'll be flying YYZ-LHR on AC, followed by an LHR-ARN leg on SAS that was booked separately.

Am I right in understanding that we'll be able to use passes to spend our layover time in the arrivals lounge? Is the arrivals lounge at LHR comparable to other MLLs?

Thanks!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:46 pm

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Should serve all your AM needs. Very nicely staffed, excellent showers. More set up as an arrivals lounge for the shower, bite, and go crowd, but I've often spent a good three hours there comfortably waiting until a domestic BA leg booked separately. Not spacious, nor any natural light, the joint SAS-AC London Lounge is definitely preferable but i think you would have to be boarding an AC flight to have access (they may be flexible given you came off AC but never count on discretion for anything that is important) and T3 can get very ugly busy at moments. AC will check your bags all the way through, there is just a small chance you will have to be slightly insistent. SAS will probably extend the same courtesy if you have the same set up non-connecting consecutive flights on the return as it is a *partner, but I don't have any experience dealing with SAS to assure you of their policy.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:47 pm
alc

Originally Posted by hack4good
Hey all,

If I'm reading the fine print on my MLL guest pass correctly, it's possible to use the pass to get into the Arrivals Lounge at LHR if we've arrived same-day on an Air Canada flight (and present our passes, of course). I ask because we'll be flying YYZ-LHR on AC, followed by an LHR-ARN leg on SAS that was booked separately.

Am I right in understanding that we'll be able to use passes to spend our layover time in the arrivals lounge? Is the arrivals lounge at LHR comparable to other MLLs?

Thanks!
I haven't try it myself, but from reading the following URL, yes you can:

http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...unges/lhr.html
Old Sep 21, 2012, 2:57 pm

Programs: United Mileage Plus (1K), Starwood (Gold)
Do any of you happen to know if the AC arrivals lounge is accessible to passengers arriving at other terminals? I'm coming in on UA in T4 and would love to have a shower.

PriorityPass's site says it's not open to arriving passengers in other terminals, but I wonder if that's because it's before the exit from customs or if it's a restriction in PP's agreement with AC. In my experience, the lounge agent doesn't inspect travel plans very carefully when I present a PP; they're happy to take the fee that PP gives them.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by vitruvius
Do any of you happen to know if the AC arrivals lounge is accessible to passengers arriving at other terminals? I'm coming in on UA in T4 and would love to have a shower.
AFAIK access is only granted to those arriving on an AC flight, although I believe SE's can also access it any time.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 3:25 pm

Programs: Star Alliance G*, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium,
union rules??

There was one time when my YVR flight was a bit late and the lounge was closing I guess - and we were rushed through. I guess it was union rules or AC not paying for overtime -
Where did you come up with this nonsense? The arrivals lounge closes at noon!! Union rules? What dribble is this??
Old Sep 21, 2012, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Antonio8069
Where did you come up with this nonsense? The arrivals lounge closes at noon!! Union rules? What dribble is this??
??nice!

Arrivals Lounge closes at 1:30pm. If YVR flight is severely delayed (~2 hours delayed) they will refuse access to showers if less than ~30 minutes before closing time.

Nonsense? Dribble (I assume you did mean drivel!)? Very nice
Old Sep 21, 2012, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC Elite
Originally Posted by Antonio8069
I am afraid that is inaccurate. The AC arrivals lounge at LHR T3 closes at 13.30 GMT. Remember that AC 858 from YYZ arrives at 11.25 GMT.

See: http://www.aircanada.com/en/travelin...unges/lhr.html
Old Sep 21, 2012, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by vitruvius

PriorityPass's site says it's not open to arriving passengers in other terminals, but I wonder if that's because it's before the exit from customs or if it's a restriction in PP's agreement with AC. In my experience, the lounge agent doesn't inspect travel plans very carefully when I present a PP; they're happy to take the fee that PP gives them.
It's after Customs. In fact you physically leave the terminal and go outside to get to it.

But this is the first mention I've seen of PP including it at all. I don't see it listed when I look at prioritypass's lounge finder for LHR. I would be kind of surprised.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.