Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

booo! NEED another 1768 miles for elite...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus

Need a recommendation for a cheap flight from YYC between now and Dec 31!

Everything I'm looking at is retarded! No more work travel until the new year. Would hate to be stuck at P given the diff in benefits.

BOURNS!
Old Dec 19, 2011, 12:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by jazzsax

Everything I'm looking at is retarded! No more work travel until the new year. Would hate to be stuck at P given the diff in benefits.

BOURNS!
Not sure if this would be considered "cheap", but you can do YYC-LAX round trip on the 21st for $616 in T+. At this time of the year, that's not bad, and you can at least do it all in one day... That'll get you more than the 1768 you need.
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:05 am

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Originally Posted by jazzsax

BOURNS!
I think timing is going to be a problem. I haven't searched, but you've left it really late. If you have lots of time fly somewhere between Christmas and New Years and fly back later when the fares are cheaper. Will help with 2011 and 2012 (so you won't make the same mistake twice).
Old Dec 19, 2011, 3:34 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
Yyc-las 2080

yyc-las las sfo sfo yyc 2473 mls 20dec $577
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
OR Dec 20, yyz-den-las-yyc $388
Old Dec 19, 2011, 9:19 am

Programs: UA 1K, MR Titanium, IHG Gold, National Exec
I was looking for something similar to you recently to renew UA status (I'm visiting friends in YYC for a couple of weeks). I had prior engagements so my travel dates were slightly limited but I ended up booking YYC-DEN-TUS on the 21st for ~$475. I recall LAS and PHX were pretty decent at the end of December as well, lots of same-day turns in the $500 range.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.