Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket and standby

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2001, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Award ticket and standby

I have a business class award ticket issued by AC using Aeroplan points for LGA-YYZ-NRT.

An AC agent has confirmed that standby is not allowed for (international - only?) award. But are they strict about this rule? Space permitting, would they allow it on the day of departure? Has anyone done it?

I am flying LGA-YYZ on 20AUG and am hoping to fly YYZ-NRT the same day. (I am confirmed on 21AUG.) ITN is showing J9 but C0 on 20AUG. Not sure how accurate ITN is for AC.

I appreciate any input.
Old Aug 18, 2001, 10:21 am

Programs: AE
Standby on Reward travel on AC is only permitted same day as ticketed. Any other day must be confirmed before standby will be permitted. (CIC*805/30)
Old Aug 19, 2001, 9:44 am

I've done something similar on several occasions. If there's J space on the flight, you almost certainly get into J; sometims you just have to go to the ticketing counter to change the dates, then you can check in as usual. If you're E or SE, no charge...
Old Aug 19, 2001, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses.

I am (happily ) at Maple Leaf Lounge in YYZ. Yes, I was given a seat.

The executive class was apparently oversold, so the agent told me at LGA but chanes were not bad, so he said. He advised that I make a request at YYZ and I did. At YYZ, they just accommodated me on the spot, for which I am very thankful.

This will be my first Executive Class on AC, too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.