Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Does AC offer any multi-day layovers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC Elite, NEXUS, Hilton Diamond

I'm needing another 5k to make Elite for 2012. But instead of doing strictly a MR, I'm thinking about making it more of a holiday vacay at the same time.

All of the connections I'm searching for don't seem to offer more than an overnight layover. Does a multi day (or even a 24 hour) layover even exist with AC?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by airangela
I'm needing another 5k to make Elite for 2012. But instead of doing strictly a MR, I'm thinking about making it more of a holiday vacay at the same time.

All of the connections I'm searching for don't seem to offer more than an overnight layover. Does a multi day (or even a 24 hour) layover even exist with AC?
I believe it is 6hour dom, 24 international....
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
Originally Posted by airangela
It depends on your routing. Outside of Canada you can use the multi-city option. Some of the time (e.g. LHR-SYD) you can get stopovers for the same prices (excpet for AIFs etc.). In Canada, you are charged by the segment.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by hearna
Close. It's 4 hours domestic & transborder and 24 hours international. Anything beyond those is a stopover and a fare break for pricing purposes.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Finnair Plus, Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan
I managed to get a stopover of over 24-hours, but that was just luck:
Originally I had a flight arriving in YYZ from LHR on at 18:05, which is too late to catch the last connecting flight to SEA (17:30). So my itinerary instead has the flight to SEA the following day at 17:30.

Anyway, that route from LHR-YYZ got pulled for the winter, so now I actually get in at 15:05, but am STILL leaving the following day at 17:30.
My choice. I'm quite pleased about the extra few hours!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by tcook052
Close. It's 4 hours domestic & transborder and 24 hours international. Anything beyond those is a stopover and a fare break for pricing purposes.
Unless you miss the last flight of the day right?
Old Nov 7, 2011, 10:26 pm

Originally Posted by hearna
As tcook pointed out it is actually 4 hours for a domestic connection (although there are a few exceptions for overnight connections, etc.).

The 6 hour connection for domestic that you are referring to is for use of eUpgrades where AC gives an extra couple of hours as a grace period in case the first available connection is just over 4 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.