Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Every single leg of every flight must be AC before AC can book the flight!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Every single leg of every flight must be AC before AC can book the flight!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Same problem, 2 years later.

AC still has not worked out how to use their partners to price competitively.

Two AC reps told me with absolute certainty that their system will not price any tickets that use their partners on a leg that traverses airports that AC does. They can see the inventory, but their system will not quote it. It's also unacceptable to have an AC-operated flight that is on the ticket stock of another airline.

Of course once they replace United legs with their own (which is necessary to get a quote), the price jumps, even when the two long-haul legs are theirs to start with.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:29 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I had to book an itinerary on UA through travel agent because AC website would not price the AC leg in L class. Only offered M or something. So I got the AC leg in UA codeshare in L, tweeted to AC who gave me the preferred seat assignment, and paid 50% less for the itinerary than AC website quoted me. The fare difference of that one leg on a 4-segment trip doubled the total price.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:35 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Read this to learn your way around Hipmunk and replicate almost any ITA itinerary. It saves a lot of agony, pain and time!

Edit: Wow didn't realize it's a zombie thread!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by payam81
Read this to learn your way around Hipmunk and replicate almost any ITA itinerary. It saves a lot of agony, pain and time!

Great tip! I'm so glad you posted that. I've suffered for years trying to replicate ITA routes on booking sites.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:26 pm

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD

Brilliant!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by garyschmitt
Great tip! I'm so glad you posted that. I've suffered for years trying to replicate ITA routes on booking sites.
Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Brilliant!
Credit goes to Wandering Aramean on Boardingarea.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Credit goes to Wandering Aramean on Boardingarea.
He's also sbm12 here on FlyerTalk.

Glad y'all found it useful.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:20 pm

Sorry for the OT question - what's a 'zombie thread' ?
Old Sep 13, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by sbm12
He's also sbm12 here on FlyerTalk.

Glad y'all found it useful.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:32 am

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief
Sorry for the OT question - what's a 'zombie thread' ?
I'm curious too.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I assumed it is a zombie bc the OP started it 2 years ago, then it went idle, then had the same problem now, and posted to the same thread instead of starting a new one.
I don't think that violates a "don't post on dead threads" principle though. The rejuvenating post made it clear it was the same problem as previously.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:17 pm

Programs: AC*A, WS Gold
Not exactly the same issue as the OP but I'm looking at a booking YYC-PWM on Dec. 8 returning Dec. 20 and AC.com shows no availability.

United has plenty of options, including YYC-EWR-PWM with the YYC-EWR leg on AC. Obviously AC doesn't fly into PWM but why would they not show the options to EWR? I can see all of the flights if I do a mock booking YYC-EWR.

I'll end up booking through the corporate travel agent anyway so I don't really care that AC.com isn't showing availability, just thought I'd point it out as it seems strange that their website isn't showing options where 1 leg isn't on AC (at least in this example).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.