Wiki Posts
Search

Trying to undestand availability

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Trying to undestand availability

I'm looking at AC9 and AC3 tomorrow, trying to guess whether my upgrade on AC9 will go through. In Flightstats, both flights are shown with zero business seats available. But AC site is offering business seats for both flights!

Is there are easy explanation for this?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K SPG Plat 75
It's because Flightstats doesn't categorize most AC business fare classes as "other". Mouse over the availability numbers to get availability for the individual fare classes, and match up the letters. I think there's a FAQ somewhere in the forum that lists all the business fare classes. Off the top of my head, it's J, C, D, Z, and R (upgrades).
Old Sep 2, 2011, 7:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac789
It's because Flightstats doesn't categorize most AC business fare classes as "other". Mouse over the availability numbers to get availability for the individual fare classes, and match up the letters. I think there's a FAQ somewhere in the forum that lists all the business fare classes. Off the top of my head, it's J, C, D, Z, and R (upgrades).
Makes a lot of sense. Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2011, 10:10 pm

Are you only taking these flights non-stop, or are you connecting to/from these flights? If you're connecting the fact that AC.com is selling a business class fare doesn't mean they're selling a buisiness class seat.

I was checking AC.com regularly a while back (and comparing with flight stats) as I was planning to upgrade my father on his trip to asia. One thing I noticed was that while the TPAC flight was sold out the connecting flights to/from YEG had availability. AC.com would show the full and discounted business class fares for YEG-asia, but when I'd look at the seat map a message simlar to "business class seats are not available on flight XXX, you will be seated in economy for that segment" (where XXX was YVR-asia).
Old Sep 3, 2011, 8:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YEG USER
Are you only taking these flights non-stop, or are you connecting to/from these flights? If you're connecting the fact that AC.com is selling a business class fare doesn't mean they're selling a buisiness class seat.

I was checking AC.com regularly a while back (and comparing with flight stats) as I was planning to upgrade my father on his trip to asia. One thing I noticed was that while the TPAC flight was sold out the connecting flights to/from YEG had availability. AC.com would show the full and discounted business class fares for YEG-asia, but when I'd look at the seat map a message simlar to "business class seats are not available on flight XXX, you will be seated in economy for that segment" (where XXX was YVR-asia).
That's good to know, thanks. In this case, it was simply me not understanding flighstat's output.

As of now AC9 is showing J2 C2 D2 Z0 R0, some 5 hours before departure.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.