Wiki Posts
Search

MTL-CPH Special deal?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2011, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Platium, PC Ambassador & Platium, Aeroplan Elite
MTL-CPH Special deal?

All, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I am looking to travel from MTL-CPH in mid OCT. Just checked today and the fare is between 250 to 300 before taxes, so about $800 all in. I have been checking for a while and it has always been about $450 to $500 before taxes. Does anyone know if this is a promo? If it is, when does it end?

Looking to leave either Oct. 15, 16 or 17th, coming back Oct. 21,22 or 23rd.

I have asked on previous thread about upgrading from YUL-FRA and it seems next to impossible. Is there a better chance if I travel to FRA on a Saturday? I have a feeling I may not able to check-in to my hotel room upon arrival, so taking a shower at FRA looks like a pretty decent option before arriving CPH.

Thanks.

Wallis
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:13 pm
PMM

Hi

Originally Posted by Wallease
All, please forgive me if this is the wrong forum to post this.

I am looking to travel from MTL-CPH in mid OCT. Just checked today and the fare is between 250 to 300 before taxes, so about $800 all in. I have been checking for a while and it has always been about $450 to $500 before taxes. Does anyone know if this is a promo? If it is, when does it end?

Looking to leave either Oct. 15, 16 or 17th, coming back Oct. 21,22 or 23rd.

I have asked on previous thread about upgrading from YUL-FRA and it seems next to impossible. Is there a better chance if I travel to FRA on a Saturday? I have a feeling I may not able to check-in to my hotel room upon arrival, so taking a shower at FRA looks like a pretty decent option before arriving CPH.

Thanks.

Wallis
Have you considered going via Munich to CPH? Maybe a better chance for an upgrade on the Saturday.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:17 pm

I know almost nothing about the historical prices of fares between YUL and CPH. But since noone else has replied to this question I will try and offer up a bit of help.

A quick search on ITA, www.matrix.itasoftware.com , brings back AC K fares ranging in price between $ 130 and $ 160 each way depending on the exact departure and return dates. With an all in cost of $ 700 - 750.

While not a stunning deal this seems like a reasonable price to me for a route that doesn't typically see really cheap fares.

From the "Sales restrictions" section of the fare rules; TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 16AUG 11. So if the price appeals to you, get on it.

Oops, PMM beat me with a reply ! I can't offer any opinion on the upgrade possibilities, and upon rereading the original post I am not even sure whether the OP is wanting to fly on Air Canada. I guess I just assumed that was the plan since the thread is in the AC forum.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by thebobmc
I know almost nothing about the historical prices of fares between YUL and CPH. But since noone else has replied to this question I will try and offer up a bit of help.

A quick search on ITA, www.matrix.itasoftware.com , brings back AC K fares ranging in price between $ 130 and $ 160 each way depending on the exact departure and return dates. With an all in cost of $ 700 - 750.

While not a stunning deal this seems like a reasonable price to me for a route that doesn't typically see really cheap fares.

From the "Sales restrictions" section of the fare rules; TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 16AUG 11. So if the price appeals to you, get on it.

Oops, PMM beat me with a reply ! I can't offer any opinion on the upgrade possibilities, and upon rereading the original post I am not even sure whether the OP is wanting to fly on Air Canada. I guess I just assumed that was the plan since the thread is in the AC forum.
How do I get a route through MUC instead of FRA because it does not come up on the website. Are you suggest to fly LH? I do want to fly AC because of possibility to use the eupgrade.

Thanks for the info. Will probably reserve tomorrow!
Old Aug 16, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: SK EBG *G
YYZ-MUC isn't served daily but you can do YUL-YYZ(AC)-MUC(AC)-CPH(SK)-YYZ(AC)-YUL(AC) with all except MUC-CPH on AC for ~$726. Leave on Oct 16, return 23. Booking class K.

And as thebobmc pointed out, the fare expires at midnight. If you don't get the fare to show up on the homepage, just call them.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 9:08 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Fairmont PC, AC nobody, VIPorter, National Exec, Hertz #1 Club Gold
Post CPH

As mentioned, it expires at midnight. The YUL/YYZ-CPH deal was one of the cities in KLM's Flash Fares weekend promo, along with Moscow, Warsaw and Istanbul. Comes with a free stopover in AMS:

http://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/plan...lash_fares.htm

Seems many *A airlines matched it. Woohoo.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by headhunter
As mentioned, it expires at midnight. The YUL/YYZ-CPH deal was one of the cities in KLM's Flash Fares weekend promo, along with Moscow, Warsaw and Istanbul. Comes with a free stopover in AMS:

http://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/plan...lash_fares.htm

Seems many *A airlines matched it. Woohoo.
I got side tracked at work and completely forgot to book it. Now it will cost me lots of $. Guys please let me know if there is other deals.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.