Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: What is $122 really worth?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: What is $122 really worth?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2011, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by sharkshooter
I hove found that sometimes the stress of the fight to get what is rightfully mine is more of a cost than the benefit I seek. I have bigger issues in my life than a few points.
That's pretty much what companies are counting on. And it's also the reason behind their willingness to try and pull a fast one. If you don't do anything about it, it will continue. Which is why people should follow up.

Points, of course, are difficult to quantify monetarily, so you have good reason, but if you look at what appear to be minor discrepancies - in my case , $3 of unaccounted charges each month over 3 months that took a week to sort out - and calculate them over a large consumer base with a 'bigger issues to worry about' mentality, you re basically talking million dollar scams.

The reluctance to challenge over insignificant amounts is what is driving this problem in the first place - and the consumer is as responsible as the company for these swindles.
Old Aug 19, 2011, 12:15 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
[QUOTE=acysb87;16945312]
Originally Posted by Ancien Maestro
I find no matter what airline/business, there's going to be some problems that has to get resolved..

QUOTE]

Added business for emphasis and agreed^
Thanks acysb87..

Often we're living in a bubble.. and don't see the good of what we've got..

Seeing the positives makes all of us happier campers.. in the same situation we face everyday..
Old Aug 19, 2011, 2:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold
To quote the Eagles: "Every form of refuge has it's price".

I cannot be bothered to read all replies, BUT simply do what fits you. I am a loyal 1W member because I fly BA a LOT on my normal route and they provide premium economy - which fits my busted up legs on my 6'5" body.

I decided to be loyal to 1W, and fly CX to Sydney as I was on a bicycle trip. CX only allowed 20 kg (my bicycle) and I sent the other equipment by airfreight to SYD. The result?? A total cost of about $500 and quarantine inspection hassles, delays, and ...

Next year I will fly China Southern because of their XS baggage cost as compared to the $500 airfreight and aggravation cost (each way)

Sometimes loyalty must take a second seat to reality - especially if it comes to spending MY after-tax dollars.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.