Search

Burn, baby burn!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, AC MM E75, Marriott LT Ti, IHG Dia Amb, Hyatt Glob
Burn, baby burn!

Happy to report that I have used up 505K AE miles since the beginning of the year. All of those were tickets for family and friends (and my ex), except for 120K miles for the mini RTW I booked for myself yesterday. So, very happy to dump some miles before the devaluation on July 15. I still have over 500K miles, so may book 1-2 more mini RTWs this week.

Anybody else doing some major miles burning?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:29 pm

Programs: Non-status bottomfeeder
Yes, everybody else please stop though.

First class award inventory is disappearing alarmingly fast.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by margarita girl
Happy to report that I have used up 505K AE miles since the beginning of the year. All of those were tickets for family and friends (and my ex), except for 120K miles for the mini RTW I booked for myself yesterday. So, very happy to dump some miles before the devaluation on July 15. I still have over 500K miles, so may book 1-2 more mini RTWs this week.

Last spring I decided to save up for a mini-RTW. Today I am a very sad E with 116,385 miles who isn't flying again until the 21st.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:34 pm

I added fuel to the fire... 460K AP miles in the past 4 weeks

Originally Posted by rehoult
Last spring I decided to save up for a mini-RTW. Today I am a very sad E with 116,385 miles who isn't flying again until the 21st.
can i boost some for u, cause i have 10,000+ AMEX miles needing to transfer for to a reward program.....in return u get me the ticket to/from stardo3?

add me and Mrs GHT..... 400K in the last 2 mths
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K
burned through 690K in the past month. Mostly from my parents accounts who wanted us to use them since they can never find availability when they want to travel, and they have no appetite for doing creative routings.

2 X mini RTW in F for 2
1 X Europe - Africa in J for 2
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:37 pm

I give you the permission to book a mini-rtw for my gf and I Surprise us on the destinations hahaha
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:46 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by zoobtoob
Yes, everybody else please stop though.

First class award inventory is disappearing alarmingly fast.
Dunno when your looking, but I didn't see any significant difference in booking my Mini-RTW today vs the one I booked last November.

I now have exactly 0 AP miles, burned through 240K since last November. Between the burning now and the upcoming expiry, perhaps a significant number of miles will finally leave circulation and make AC award availability slightly better? One can always hope lol...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:57 pm

All of those were tickets for family and friends (and my ex),
Okay, I gotta ask....your ex? using AE miles on your ex? Was it a one way reward? LOL!
Old Jul 10, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC*E35 and decreasing
Originally Posted by rehoult
It's less than 4k miles you are missing. Why don't you just buy them?
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by tinchote
It's less than 4k miles you are missing. Why don't you just buy them?
That was just pointed out to me through PM. I had entirely forgotten that was even an option.

So little work is going to get done tomorrow due to planning...
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:25 pm

Programs: AC E; Marriott Platinum
I went through 420K. My account is now at 54 miles....but I still have about 100K in AMEX and SPG miles that can be converted.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: no status
Happy to report that I have used up 505K AE miles since the beginning of the year. All of those were tickets for family and friends
Is there not a cost involved for transferring miles, something like 2c/mile? So a transfer of half million miles would have cost them a cool $10,000? On the other hand, you can also top up for 3c/mile, so if there are only 4000 miles missing to RTW it's only $120 more - that's a no-brainer.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 9:50 pm

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador & Priority Club Plat, Hhonors Gold, Air Miles Gold

I've burned up 120k for a mini-rtw in June 2012 just booked today, plus 260k a few weeks ago on F to Europe, some J trips etc. for myself and an old friend this upcoming Fall. My AP account now has just under 100k points left in it. First time it's been below 100k for years!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.