Wiki Posts
Search

Credit Where Credit is Due

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, AC*G
Thumbs up Credit Where Credit is Due

Often on these forums we hear complaints about AC and Aeroplan, particularly when it comes to customer service issues. I wanted to thank and congratulate the two AE agents I dealt with today (one frontline and one supervisor) for their gracious, professional and effective handling of my query today. Unfortunately, my dodgy Skype connection means I didn't quite get their names but they were both Montreal based and did a great job.

Basically, I had made a couple of phone calls to AE about a tax refund from a change which was owing due to lower taxes on a new itinerary. A couple of agents I had dealt with in the past indicated that I was owed the refund. It turns out that I was going in circles as the refund mentioned on my receipt related to a previous change to the ticket that had been processed already.

Both agents I dealt with today were courteous and did their best to find out exactly what was going on. The supervisor I dealt with acknowledged that an error had been made by the agents I had dealt with earlier and that the information attached to the itinerary receipt was incorrect and had now been updated. Finally, he proactively (and without me suggesting anything) advised me that he would be applying 3000 miles to my account due to the time I had spent trying to sort this out.

Anyway, I just thought it was worth sharing a good story with the board to reinforce that there are some great agents out there who are willing to help and go the extra mile for us.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 6:55 am

Great to know that there are caring employees at Aeroplan. They ought to be recognized for sure! I guess if you drop Aeroplan an email with your booking reference/date/time of call they could trace back to the last employees involved.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Great to know that there are caring employees at Aeroplan. They ought to be recognized for sure! I guess if you drop Aeroplan an email with your booking reference/date/time of call they could trace back to the last employees involved.
Great idea! Indeed, AE should be able to look up which two CS reps dealt with your query as any changes to the PNR file / additoons of notes etc. will automatically include some info about who did those changes.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Excellent!

I believe AC and AE staff generally do a wonderful job, and the vast majority of my dealings with them have been helpful and positive. Stuff posted on boards like this one tend to reflect situations that are exceptional (which is why someone is irate enough to want to vent). Given the huge volume of transactions that go through every day without a hitch, it seems a very low percentage, really.

If you haven't already sent a note to AE, you may want to. I'm sure they would appreciate feedback that isn't tearing a strip off them.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AC E75K
Most of my dealings with AE have been very positive as well.

What e-mail shall we use to send them a note to let them know we are pleased (or not) with their service?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.