Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC462 on Jun 22 - delayed 6 hours already?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat., AC*E

flightstats is showing AC462 new scheduled time of 6 hours later (leaving 0005 instead of 1805)

This seems like it must be a mistake -- any idea why this would be??
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by mapleloaf
flightstats is showing AC462 new scheduled time of 6 hours later (leaving 0005 instead of 1805)

This seems like it must be a mistake -- any idea why this would be??
would be a mistake I would imagine, before being delayed 6hours it would be canseled, and 464 would proby be replaced by a larger aircraft and folks rebooked onto 464.
Old Jun 21, 2011, 8:34 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Yeah. I doubt this is true (plus a six-hour delay on a YYZ-YOW flight would suck bigtime).
Old Jun 21, 2011, 9:32 pm

Programs: UA, AA, US, DL SPG Platinum, IHG Platinum
Where you flying? Flights to Chicago are delayed because of weather. Mine is cancelled from Winnipeg.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by dan.morgan
Where you flying? Flights to Chicago are delayed because of weather. Mine is cancelled from Winnipeg.
AC4XX are rapidair flights (yyz-yul or yyz-yow and the returns)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:06 am
Original Poster

it's YYZ-YOW, and it is now showing back on schedule, and yes a 6 hour delay really would have sucked and didn't make sense given the other options.

Probably human error in adjusting the time I'm guessing? It was just a bit hilarious to book a flight, send it to tripit and instantly get a warning that it was already 6 hours delayed...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:15 am

There was a gauge change (320 to 319) which may have caused a glitch on Flightstats.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 7:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ac-YUL
There was a gauge change (320 to 319) which may have caused a glitch on Flightstats.
Ah -- interesting... Is there a website where you can get more detailed information than flightstats has?
Old Jun 22, 2011, 8:45 am

flightview

flightaware

are other alternatives
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:02 pm

Programs: *G
Why is no one looking at ac.com - I find it to be accurate and certainly where I look first (and ac.com never showed any delay to the flight in question).
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by fin 645
Why is no one looking at ac.com - I find it to be accurate and certainly where I look first (and ac.com never showed any delay to the flight in question).
lol, and when ac says there is a 15 minute delay yyz-yow and the inbound yul-yyz hasnt even left yet. VERY ACCURATE (not)
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:07 pm

Programs: AC Elite, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
I find that AC often only updates one of either the gate departure time or the take-off time however since aircanada.com only reports one of those times the accuracy is not consistent. With flightstats you get both so the accuracy is higher.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:25 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
I find the best bet is always to call the concierge if you suspect a delay. Not only can they tell where the a/c is arriving from, but also your position on the upgrade waitlist and what the loads are.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fin 645
I did see that it was on time on AC.com, but many times I find the other sites are 'aware' of the delays before AC.com or before they are announced at gate. So I always check multiple sources (usually automatically sent notifications), as no single source seems definitive...
Old Jun 22, 2011, 3:22 pm

Programs: *G
I was driven to comment on looking at ac.com since the whole thread went merrily along without anyone apparently checking that source (and getting accurate info in this instance). I agree that checking the info on the inbound is a very accurate way of finding out what is likely to happen, but that can also be thrown off by a/c substitutions etc.

Yes, multiple sources are often useful in untangling unusual situations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.