Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: What will happen to upgrades?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: What will happen to upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 1MM, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
What will happen to upgrades?

Does anybody know what will happen to waitlisted upgrades during the strike?
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Citismart
Does anybody know what will happen to waitlisted upgrades during the strike?
Rev management is non-CAW staff and they would continue to clear u/g in advance of the gate. At the gate, one would assume AC taught the replacements how to clear upgrades (and even if they didn't, its not that hard) and things will be generally ok; but the reality will likely be that some flights go without upgrades being processed.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 4:51 pm

Programs: Aeorplan E 75, Marriott Rewards Plat
I was thinking about this as well. I am going to put in a request to upgrade on flight 115 yyz-yvr on the 22nd at the 4 day window but chances look slim to none right now. Total plan is yow on 457 to 115 then a hop to yyj on 8081.
Was thinking to do a same day change in yow to 191 direct to yyj from yyz which looks wide open, and hope that the new request clears.
Problem is that with all the chaos I don't know if this will work, any advice or thoughts?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 12:02 am

Programs: MPC Green, AC Tangerine :)
from the email sent out by AC:

* eUpgrades. Only requests processed on aircanada.com/eupgrades or through your travel agent prior to your arrival at the airport will be honoured. Upgrades may not be requested or cancelled once at the airport.

wonder what exactly that means, would you be able to request one on your mobile device using the eupgrade site when you're at the airport? how will they tell
or does it mean no upgrades once OLCI opens?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:51 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Nothing changed and upgrades are still cleared as they are today. The only thing is we kindly ask that you request your upgrade via the self service channels.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:57 am
Suspended

Programs: AC*SE,SPG Platinum,HHounours Gold, FairmontPlat
Originally Posted by Andrew Yiu
Nothing changed and upgrades are still cleared as they are today. The only thing is we kindly ask that you request your upgrade via the self service channels.
Ok thanks Andrew!
Good Luck today and maybe see you in YUL later this evening.^
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:58 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

I'm not in YUL; I will be at YYZ for the rest of the day.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:00 am
Suspended

I'm not in YUL; I will be at YYZ for the rest of the day.
OK maybe see there after I arrive and hopefully catch #092 to EZE!
Best of luck.^
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Thanks Andrew! My upgrades came through at 7:00 this morning. But how do I select seats? It won't let me do it online and the SE line disconnects after you press 2 to speak to a live person? I checked and no seats have been assigned!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:32 am
Suspended

Thanks Andrew! My upgrades came through at 7:00 this morning. But how do I select seats? It won't let me do it online and the SE line disconnects after you press 2 to speak to a live person? I checked and no seats have been assigned!
If sameday travel use OLCI.
If not, sing into AC.com using your aeroplan # and go into your booking under Manage My Bookings and select the tab for seat change.^
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Does this really, really matter under the circumstances? You'll face a small inconvenience and have to wait until you are at the airport to get your seat. Such adversity should be enough for a grown person to endure for a period of time.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EZESE
If sameday travel use OLCI.
If not, sing into AC.com using your aeroplan # and go into your booking under Manage My Bookings and select the tab for seat change.^
On the web it won't allow it! It says to contact reservations! And no it's no the end of the world but my wife likes to sit close together! I'm not flying to H.K. till Friday.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:53 am

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Shareholder
Does this really, really matter under the circumstances?
It might. There are a number of reports of folk's cleared eupgrades not getting processed correctly, for example here

Take along copies of your emails and any printouts of your reservation showing the upgrade has been cleared in case you run into problems at checkin or the gate.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 6:56 am
Suspended

On the web it won't allow it! It says to contact reservations! And no it's no the end of the world but my wife likes to sit close together! I'm not flying to H.K. till Friday.
In that case I can only suggest to wait until 24 hours prior and use OLCI to select your seats and/or at check-in.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:45 am

Programs: AC SE, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold
Thanks a bunch Andrew, good to hear. ^

(Flying YYZ-NRT next Monday.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.