Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prestige check-in

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2001, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Thanks for the info. At the time I was a CPer, I would have liked to go for Club, as it seemed to have value to it. Once CP got swallowed, Prestige sure looked unattractive so I stuck with the alliance, rather than the airline.

FewMiles..
Old May 2, 2001, 12:34 pm

O.K. As an AC*P, I get two MLL passes once I pass 20K. I don't know how long these are valid until, but hopefully for one year after date of issue. I can just imagine a Prestige member getting the passes in January after flying his annual 20K, only to discover that that they expire in a month, which is before his/her next trip!

I also received an offer for a Dinners Club MLL card. But while we've all seen offers for this card in the lounges, I believe that there is a waiting list to get it, though it appears that P's get to skip the line. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it in the P guide, it says that the card was guaranteed if I apply before Apr. 30, 2001).
Old May 2, 2001, 9:52 pm

Originally posted by Robyyz:

I also received an offer for a Dinners Club MLL card. But while we've all seen offers for this card in the lounges, I believe that there is a waiting list to get it, though it appears that P's get to skip the line. (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it in the P guide, it says that the card was guaranteed if I apply before Apr. 30, 2001).

Really? I got a DC MLL without any status and they called me right away with same day approval and issuing... The card was in my hand 7 days after I called to apply.

There is NO waiting period and you do NOT have to be a Prestige to apply for this card. You get EXACTLY the same benefits as general public... so once again, what is so special that they were bragging about in the Prestige kit?

DC is in credit card business like Visa and Amex, they will be glad to take $$$ annual fee (close to $300) from anybody with a good credit and payment history.
Old May 3, 2001, 8:42 am

MoreMiles: Guess I'm wrong. Thanks for clearing it up.

Anyway, while Prestige is pretty worthless (though the Exec. check-in sounds partially changes this), I'm glad that I'll get 7500 bonus miles by the time I hit Elite, in addition to the 5K that I get when I hit 35K. Having been Elite for two years, I'm glad that I have Prestige, if not just for the bonus miles.
Old May 3, 2001, 8:59 pm

As if AC infrastructure can handle increased load. J check-in is not fast now, it will only slow down. MLL's are also crowded.

Although I am happy that P get some perks, I feel that E and SE are diluted further. Also, for me when I pay for J, I expect J benefits including check-in and MLL. I was denied access last week to MML due to overcrowding.
Old May 4, 2001, 12:53 pm

Programs: BA GGL, FPC Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Amb
I disagree. I don't think this is going to represent a huge issue.

In the major centres--YYZ T2, YVR and YUL, a lot of J class, SE and E pax are using the machines, anyway.

Moving P's over to the J line will have the benefit of providing faster service for Basic and Y class pax, and keeping an even load.

There's no issue on lounge access, because that isn't being extended to P's anyway. If MLL's are overcrowded, it's due to the number of J, SE, E and *G milling around.
Old May 4, 2001, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
Every other major North American airline allows all elite FF members to use the J/F check-in lines. It's about time AC follows suit!
Old May 4, 2001, 7:09 pm

Programs: AC SE, SPG P
With the economy slowing and less flying done by executives (not us), this is a way for AC to continue to extend the J class service to soon-to-be past E and SE flyers.
Old May 4, 2001, 10:20 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

I'llMissCP: A Prestidge travel between 18000 and 35000 Q miles a year, that's only couple trips a year, how much is that going to slow you down?

As AC*SE pointed out, most people uses the kiosk to check in now for domestic and transborder flights so taht already take a chunk of the people away.

Also how does giving this benefit to P cause the MLL to be overcrowded?

We can't be too selfish.. I think most people here will agree that P deserve a bit more benefit than right now.
Old May 5, 2001, 12:07 am

Originally posted by I'llMissCP:
...I was denied access last week to MML due to overcrowding.
MLLs are unfortunately not able to handle the capacity of passengers/guests that are eligible for entry. This is Mr Milton's fault, not a problem with AC*P benefits etc
Old May 7, 2001, 8:32 am

Yes, FlyBoy, it was all Milton's fault. He should have restored the 60,000 mile qualification requirement for Élite when he had the chance. That would have fixed those crowds.
Old May 7, 2001, 10:49 am

Originally posted by AC*SE:
Yes, FlyBoy, it was all Milton's fault. He should have restored the 60,000 mile qualification requirement for Élite when he had the chance. That would have fixed those crowds.
And raise SE qualification to 500,000 mile as well... this way, they can fire the concierge and save a bundle...

Maybe they can save 50 cents per share as profit on the stock.
Old May 7, 2001, 11:31 pm

Originally posted by MoreMiles:
Maybe they can save 50 cents per share as profit on the stock.
If they could, they would!

Basically what I am saying is it is not the passengers fault that AC MLLs have had insufficient capacity since the merger. They (AC/Milton) should have expanded their capacity to accommodate the higher number of premium passengers in the new, larger carrier; instead of remove benefits and coupons from their so-called *valued customers*.
Old May 8, 2001, 7:58 am

Fly Boy--they've done this--with one lamentable exception.

Lounge space at YUL, YOW and YVR has effectively doubled. YHZ has a fairly new, large lounge that is plenty big to handle the capacity.

The only place that has fallen behind is T2. And just where could they have expanded? It's not like there is lots of empty space waiting for tenants in the airport.
Old May 8, 2001, 9:34 am

Originally posted by AC*SE:
The only place that has fallen behind is T2. And just where could they have expanded? It's not like there is lots of empty space waiting for tenants in the airport.

Perhaps they should have thought of this before moving all their flights into T2 in the first place. BA managed to build temporary lounges in T4 while renovating, I am sure with some innovation those geniuses at AC could have found a solution in T2!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.