Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 7, 2014, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Adam Smith
This is a master thread to post any lounge meet up requests / invite requests forum members might have. It'd be great if you could post your lounge guesting/request in the same format as below...
A reminder - those offering guesting are quite happy to be guested to a superior lounge!

If you have the ability to make changes to the WIKI, please do so yourself rather than replying to the thread! If you are asking to be guested, please only add to the wiki - do not post in the thread.

OFFER REQUEST MEET (i.e. will be there but can't guest) dd-MMM-yyyy / hh:mm / XXX / Terminal Lounge / FlyerTalkName
Please note the date format so as to avoid confusion

Please do not write OFFER/MEET; if you are able to guest someone in, it is implied you can also meet them without guesting them in.
Print Wikipost

I'm in the MLL/AC Cafe/Signature Suite now......Lounge meet-up master thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2018, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
To be more correct was in the DOM YYZ MLL until minutes ago...

At 9:27 EST.,,,
"For security reasons everyone must leave the lounge now. This is not a decision we take lightly"... in English and French repeated 3 times.

No panic. Lounge emptied very quickly. 5 elevator loads to empty.

No explanation.
...? Did someone sneak past the dragons or was cargo there? What happens if you were taking a shower in the lounge?

Would be interesting to hear the backstory behind this one as I've been to dozens of lounges (some in questionable parts of the world) and never experienced anything like it!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: AC SE
I will be in YUL Int MLL today 17:30-19:00 in case anyone is around.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Ew/oQ
To be more correct was in the DOM YYZ MLL until minutes ago...

At 9:27 EST.,,,
"For security reasons everyone must leave the lounge now. This is not a decision we take lightly"... in English and French repeated 3 times.

No panic. Lounge emptied very quickly. 5 elevator loads to empty.

No explanation.
There was a suspicious package at YYZ yesterday. Apparently an employee left a bag, full of items used to test awareness at security, lying around.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
News article on the security thing, but says package found at 8:45, quite a while before they evacuated lounge as per @Ew/oQ.
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/suspiciou...safe-1.4215989
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by flyquiet
News article on the security thing, but says package found at 8:45, quite a while before they evacuated lounge as per @Ew/oQ.
Thanks, I didn't know the timing.
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by flyquiet
What a relief! I thought for a second that a FTer left some copies of Errorplan in the MLL - a real cause for concern!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 13, 2018, 8:57 am

"8:45"!(?)
From my newspaper days...''Everything you read in the newspapers is absolutely true except for the rare story of which you happen to have firsthand knowledge.''http://www.nytimes.com/1982/02/27/us/required-reading-smith-on-lawyers.html
Old Dec 13, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by j2simpso
What a relief! I thought for a second that a FTer left some copies of Errorplan in the MLL - a real cause for concern!

Safe Travels,

James
Haha.
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
ANA Lounge at HND for the next 90 mins. Sitting dead centre. Last trip of the year.
--
13F
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
ANA Lounge at HND for the next 90 mins. Sitting dead centre. Last trip of the year.
--
13F
Didn't know the CRJs make it out that far - Bombardier must have upped their ETOPS recently Enjoy the ramen noodles, sushi bar, showers and relaxation pods!

Safe Travels,

James
Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:36 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..

Safe Travels,

James
@j2simpso

Old Dec 14, 2018, 12:37 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Didn't know the CRJs make it out that far - Bombardier must have upped their ETOPS recently Enjoy the ramen noodles, sushi bar, showers and relaxation pods!

Safe Travels,

James
Funny! When I joyed FT I was doing YOW-IAD-YOW every other week. Should change my handle to 7K_AC_772.

I'm a bit underwhelmed by the food offerings here today. Rice balls but no proper sushi.
--
13F
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:34 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
YYZ Intl til about 7:30.

Random question, what’s with AC policy to hold onto my BP until I’ve finished with the shower? I mean what’s it to prevent? First off I have the backup on my phone but what if I only had my electronic one?

Seems strange, not seen it before... Not sure I’ve ever used a MLL shower before actually, not that impressed compared to the UC ones but it did the job and I checked the towels weren’t wet and the glass wasn’t breaking so all good on that side of things.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by jc94
YYZ Intl til about 7:30.

Random question, what’s with AC policy to hold onto my BP until I’ve finished with the shower? I mean what’s it to prevent? First off I have the backup on my phone but what if I only had my electronic one?

Seems strange, not seen it before... Not sure I’ve ever used a MLL shower before actually, not that impressed compared to the UC ones but it did the job and I checked the towels weren’t wet and the glass wasn’t breaking so all good on that side of things.
As for using the showers in lounges....

ANA lounge in NRT also keeps your BP.
BR Infinity lounge in TPE also keeps your BP.

UA Polaris in SFO and ORD ask to see it but I don't recall them keeping it.

Not all of them do, but some.
Old Dec 15, 2018, 5:34 pm

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
You can add the excellent FJ lounge in NAN and the LX lounge in ZRH to that list - but as @24left says, there may be many others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.