Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Reward Changes After Departure

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by garytimo
Don't know if this is still relevant but I was able to change my flights on my no fuel surcharge reward ticket after my travel began with no fuel surcharges being added. The change took along time to do over the phone because the agent couldn't make the change on her computer, she had to call the ticketing office.
It's YMMV, so play lotto.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:39 pm

Programs: AC*SE100K; Marriott Titanium; NEXUS
Originally Posted by 300rwhp
I am thinking about doing both.

What experiences do people have changing say lhr-fra-yyz-yyc to lhr-yyc same day or different day?
Same day you can pay a fee I believe and confirm a seat on the direct so long as there is space (not just reward space). Different day, you'll need to rebook before hand through Aeroplan, pay fees and changes are subject to their being reward space available.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:14 pm

Programs: AC SE

What happens if you are on Lufthansa for the fra-YYZ will they give you a seat on the lhr-yyc flight?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 4:37 am

What happens if you are on Lufthansa for the fra-YYZ will they give you a seat on the lhr-yyc flight?
I'm thinking likely not, since the same day change option is governed by the carrier you're flying on typically. Not familiar enough with Lufthansa options internationally to comment on their policy, but I would think they would want to keep you flying with them, and would give you their other options before endorsing the ticket to AC
Old Sep 14, 2012, 12:24 pm

Programs: AC SE
if I am on AC ticket stock does it make a difference?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 6:20 pm

if I am on AC ticket stock does it make a difference?
Don't think so, but you should call LH to see for sure.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 11:09 pm

I could not find any T&Cs about changes after departure on Aeroplan website. Is there a clear policy? I am planning to book a Star Alliance redemption, fly the first segment to the first stopover, and then change the remaining routing, dates and carriers. Is this allowed?
Old Nov 8, 2012, 11:05 am

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
37. Changes to unused flight rewards (i.e. flight date(s), flight time(s), class of service, routing and/or itinerary) may be made up to a minimum of two hours prior to departure. A fee of C$90.00 plus taxes per ticket. This fee is non-refundable.

42. Within two hours of scheduled departure, changes/cancellations of a flight reward are not permitted. The flight reward mileage is forfeit and the ticket is no longer valid for travel.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:08 pm

excuse the bump if this has been covered in another thread.

but after extensive searching it is still unclear to me whether changes are permitted after departure.

on a three leg multi-city journey, after completing the second leg, can the third leg be changed? or, is as copied from the t&c above, anything after 2 hrs prior to flight not permitted for any of the flights on an itinerary?

[i reckon the same question would apply to a simple r/t]
Old May 17, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by tehdee
excuse the bump if this has been covered in another thread.

but after extensive searching it is still unclear to me whether changes are permitted after departure.

on a three leg multi-city journey, after completing the second leg, can the third leg be changed? or, is as copied from the t&c above, anything after 2 hrs prior to flight not permitted for any of the flights on an itinerary?

[i reckon the same question would apply to a simple r/t]
Yes the third leg can be changed up to about 2 hours prior to departure of the flight you are trying to change. Carrier changes and routing changes ARE permitted. Change fee applies. Additional YQ appears NOT to apply. Switching to a carrier or route for which lower YQ applies will NOT result in a refund.

I believe you can NOT add a stopover but I'm willing to be surprised
Old May 17, 2013, 5:32 pm

Yes, changes are allowed after the trip has started. There is conflicting information on whether or not the fuel surcharges are recalculated in this case.
Old May 17, 2013, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP,AS MVPG,MR Platinum,HH Gold
Originally Posted by echino
Yes, changes are allowed after the trip has started. There is conflicting information on whether or not the fuel surcharges are recalculated in this case.
I've changed 4 or 5 tickets over the time between YQ started being imposed and present, and it's never been recalculated, either in my favor or in theirs. The representatives confirmed as much when I spoke with them. Any changes would be pretty recent I guess?
Old May 17, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I just changed the return on a half-used ticket tonight.

Change fees are also now waived for the first change booked out of a superelite account. (I know, who screwed up and adopted an "enhancement" that's actually an enhancement??)
Old Jun 18, 2013, 11:21 am

I can't seem to find a definitive answer as things have changed a few times in the past year and the T&C referenced in older posts aren't there anymore.

Can I change routing and add stopovers after travel has commenced?

For example, booking the following now: NRT-YYZ July 1, YYZ-LIM May 1, LIM-NRT May 10
and once arriving in YYZ, changing it to something like YYZ-BOG(stop)-FRA(stop)-NRT?

Obviously, $90 change fee applies as will differences in taxes but not YQ.
Old Jun 18, 2013, 2:34 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Same rules still there:

http://www4.aeroplan.com/terms_and_c...tion=rewardair

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.