Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: YYZ-SYD AC 777-200 economy seats vs. preferred?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: YYZ-SYD AC 777-200 economy seats vs. preferred?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Originally Posted by flybit
wow by the time you pay this you can find many other airlines at a better price if you are willing to give up the scam of errorplan.
This is nothing to do with loyalty programs.

If you're 6'6", a bulkhead seat can be the only thing that makes 15 hours in Economy survivable, and just about every airline charges the same for a ULH bulkhead.

Now, $120 for a 767 bulkhead YVR-YYZ seems a bit much, I'll grant you.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Confused.

The topic of this thread is about an XM 777 config. But there are no more such 777 configs on AC.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Confused.

The topic of this thread is about an XM 777 config. But there are no more such 777 configs on AC.
Thread resurrection is always confusing.

Hmmm, since we don't have the "old stuff" anymore, maybe it's time to close these threads.

Of course, you and I have previously requested centralized threads for some topics, you know, to make search easier and more efficient.

Oh well.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 5:44 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, VA-Gold, Marriott*LTT, Hilton*Gold, Accor*Platinum
So how bad is the 31" pitch on the SYD-YVR route these days?

(unfortunately, not asking for a friend)
Old Jul 2, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: AC Elite50k, BAEC Blue, Amex Plat, RBC Black Tin Visa
Originally Posted by shuuy

How much do you value your ability to walk for the first 24 hours in Canada..... I'd rather stay home unless I knew I was getting more pitch. 31" for that long a flight is inhumane imho.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 7:23 pm

It's not just the pitch. With 10-across seating on the 777s, normal-sized people will spill over into their neighbour's space. Larger people will spend the flight scrunching their shoulders inwards. I did a quick walk through the Y cabin when I flew that route last year, and people looked absolutely miserable after 12 hours ... with 2.5 hours still to go. Once you arrive in Canada, you can look forward to a return flight that takes 1 hour longer.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 8:44 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)

Originally Posted by TheOnlyWayTo Fly
How much do you value your ability to walk for the first 24 hours in Canada..... I'd rather stay home unless I knew I was getting more pitch. 31" for that long a flight is inhumane imho.
Depends on your height. If you are 5’ tall and thin it’s not too bad. If you are closer to 6’ I strongly recommend a preferred seat.

Now that’s not to say it’s pleasant if you are short, it’s still AC Y for 14h or I guess 15h with boarding, but it’s far less painful for people who are shorter. So I’ve been told.

Also depends if you get to sit next to a reasonable human too. Bulkheads can be great if there’s space for your seat mates to get out without disturbing (or waking) you.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:29 pm

Programs: TK *G

In my opinion it's very bad such that you don't want to travel again or want to pay for PY/J.
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:08 am

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by songsc
In my opinion it's very bad such that you don't want to travel again or want to pay for PY/J.
Which is exactly what I just did when I saw today's one day 15% offer. Now to try to avoid a deflated seat.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.