Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

BoB hot meal tray - anybody tried it

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BoB hot meal tray - anybody tried it

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by GateGuardian
I tried to order an omelette last time from YYZ-SEA, but they weren't able to tell me the availability until 3hrs into the flight. By that time, I already bought and ate something else.
Typically I find that they know what they'll have available relatively early in the flight (once the SD/FA takes J orders), but I've seen a few exceptions. Had a flight last week where they didn't know what they had to sell until ~1.5 hours into the flight. From what I could see the SD only took meal orders once everyone had finished their nuts/appetizer salad and were ready for the main course. (Instead of taking orders based on the menu at the beginning of the meal service, it looked like he presented all 4 options on a tray when the mains were ready and asked J pax which one they would like). Once they had served the J meals, the crew came back to tell me what was left, but it was well into the flight. There's some advantages/disadvantages to that approach, in that the J pax can see what the actual meal looks like before deciding, but it definitely delays any potential BOB sales of the hot meal trays.

I wonder if this may have been a similar situation where the J meal orders were taken later in the flight? Was this a daytime flight where they serve meals at the start, or was it a red-eye where they serve breakfast closer to landing?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 2:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50K (*G) WS Gold | SPG/Fairmont Plat Hilton/Hyatt Diamond Marriott Silver | National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by gcashin
I wonder if this may have been a similar situation where the J meal orders were taken later in the flight? Was this a daytime flight where they serve meals at the start, or was it a red-eye where they serve breakfast closer to landing?
For that route, it's definitely a morning flight.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Typically I find that they know what they'll have available relatively early in the flight (once the SD/FA takes J orders), but I've seen a few exceptions. Had a flight last week where they didn't know what they had to sell until ~1.5 hours into the flight. From what I could see the SD only took meal orders once everyone had finished their nuts/appetizer salad and were ready for the main course. (Instead of taking orders based on the menu at the beginning of the meal service, it looked like he presented all 4 options on a tray when the mains were ready and asked J pax which one they would like). Once they had served the J meals, the crew came back to tell me what was left, but it was well into the flight. There's some advantages/disadvantages to that approach, in that the J pax can see what the actual meal looks like before deciding, but it definitely delays any potential BOB sales of the hot meal trays.

This was an 8am flight. I think, like others have said, I'm going to ask when they sell earbuds next time.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:28 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport

I dunno Today's flight (and every other flight I've operated) meal orders were taken prior to push-back, Y/C crew was told specifically what was available well in advance of the Y service commencing. For the record on breakfast outbound 10 casseroles were available and 3 sold on the 777-300, 8 casseroles available and 3 sold on the A321 for lunch return. There is no pattern and it varies from flight to flight.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I dunno Today's flight (and every other flight I've operated) meal orders were taken prior to push-back, Y/C crew was told specifically what was available well in advance of the Y service commencing. For the record on breakfast outbound 10 casseroles were available and 3 sold on the 777-300, 8 casseroles available and 3 sold on the A321 for lunch return. There is no pattern and it varies from flight to flight.
Yeah, for the flight I was on this week, they seemed to do things a bit different. I'd asked again if they knew what would be available after the initial BOB service and was told 'there will be one leftover for sale, but we won't know which one will be left until after the biz class mains are served.' It was a PLH flight, so it was a while until the entrees were served. Again, seemed like the exception rather than the norm, but it can be very inconsistent. For the record, that flight had 1/1 sold.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.