Wiki Posts
Search

AC Codeshare with LH

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
AC Codeshare with LH

I just booked a flight from YOW-FRA-AMS. YOW-FRA is AC Metal but FRA-AMS is a codeshare Luthansa. Will I receive Aeroplan points for this but it won't count towards my status flight minimum requirement, correct?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by seegs
I just booked a flight from YOW-FRA-AMS. YOW-FRA is AC Metal but FRA-AMS is a codeshare Luthansa. Will I receive Aeroplan points for this but it won't count towards my status flight minimum requirement, correct?
It depends what LH booking class the codeshare falls into (not necessarily the same as the AC booking class on your ticket). You might earn 0/50/100% status miles. Figuring this out ahead of time is next to impossible...

And right, it won't count towards your minimum AC miles/segments requirement.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 9:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by skofz
It depends what LH booking class the codeshare falls into (not necessarily the same as the AC booking class on your ticket). You might earn 0/50/100% status miles. Figuring this out ahead of time is next to impossible...

And right, it won't count towards your minimum AC miles/segments requirement.
Did you read this right? AC metal, bought under LH flight no. so he will get 100% of the miles.

As to minimum AC requirements, I am not 100% sure (which is why I did not answer earlier) but I would think it would count.

All this codesharing crap at the end of the day means very little. It's all about the operating carrier.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: AC E
Originally Posted by Stranger
Did you read this right? AC metal, bought under LH flight no. so he will get 100% of the miles.
YOW–FRA was the AC metal. FRA–AMS is definitely LH metal, though, as AC doesn't fly that route.

OP, as skofz said, it's difficult to determine what LH booking class your AC booking class maps into, and therefore difficult to determine how many miles you'll get. Since you've already booked, though, you may be able to find out your LH booking class by calling LH and giving them your ticket number.

If you get more than 0% status miles, you will also get a status segment. However, they won't count toward the minimum AC miles and segments.

All this stuff is always based on operating carrier and the booking class on the operating carrier.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, Marriott, SPG
It was all booked with AC website so the LHflight sayd Tango plus W. I'll just wait and see. The miles will be minimal but every one counts towards status!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by Stranger
As to minimum AC requirements, I am not 100% sure (which is why I did not answer earlier) but I would think it would count.
I think you're talking about LH codeshare / AC metal here (opposite of OP's FRA-AMS flight which I was responding to). I can confirm from a recent MUC-YYZ AC metal flight booked as LH codeshare that this did count towards the AC requirements.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:09 pm

Originally Posted by seegs
It was all booked with AC website so the LHflight sayd Tango plus W. I'll just wait and see. The miles will be minimal but every one counts towards status!
https://www2.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...fthansaAirways

For intra-Europe flights in economy, the best you're doing to do is 50% miles. On FRA-AMS, you're probably looking at 250 (50% of 500 minimum).
Old Apr 21, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: AC*E50K, OZ*S, KL
Originally Posted by skofz
https://www2.aeroplan.com/earn_miles...fthansaAirways

For intra-Europe flights in economy, the best you're doing to do is 50% miles. On FRA-AMS, you're probably looking at 250 (50% of 500 minimum).
The minimum is still 500 miles, even for the 50% earning LH booking classes.
So for FRA-AMS (and MUC-AMS) you'll always get 500 miles as long as you AC
ticket doesn't map into a non-earning LH booking class. So far, all FRA-AMS and MUC-AMS segements on LH that were part of a ticket issues by AC got me that 500 mile minimum, but my last data point is from summer 2010.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.