Let's hear the AC complaints

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:20 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AE SE, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Let's hear the AC complaints

Hey folks;
It's been a good two weeks for me, have not been here much so thought I would start tonight with an invigorating discussion of AC and AE complaints.

Let me begin the complaining:
1. Have not sat in Y in a single flight since the new e-up's started. Wish I could go back there, not even sure what the configuration looks like now. I was waitlisted once, and 1 hour later I was confirmed in J.
2. Have not had any problem calling AC or AE, have not waited more than a minute. It's like they were calling me or something.
3. I have not had a single cancelled flight this year, even with the weather last week in the northeast (a little bumpy at times but we got there).
4. My wife flew on 2 reward tickets and there were no problems.
5. I was served a delicious chicken wrap on every flight. I even got 2 on an ORD-YYZ segment (are they trying to make me fat?).
6. Line-ups are March Break are awful, AC should do something about this, I can't stand around for 7-9 minutes waiting to get into the lounge in some security line.
7. Booked my dad on a reward flight YYZ-FRA with no issues, imagine that, the days he wanted to go (in July so granted pretty far) and there was tons of room and he in on his way.
8. To top it all off, IFE has worked on every single flight this year. I am sick of watching IFE, I wish they would give me more time to read EnRoute.

Anyone else have any other major complaints they want to vent tonight?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Wow. That's a whole lotta bait on that hook!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Souvlaki
Wow. That's a whole lotta bait on that hook!
Going for the big ones...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:29 pm

1) They bumped me to a B fare for free when I called in to deal with a likely weather delay on February 26 (and the cert cleared)
2) They then didn't let me pay for my pet in the hold on the same flight
3) I was the ONLY person in J on the flight and they offered me enough cookies to feed the entire plane and a CUP (literally) of Baileys to wash it down with. That was inconsiderate to the rest of the plane.
4) I've got a T+ YYZ-TPA upgrade Wednesday that cleared right away
5) I still have enough points lefts from my 35 to (hopefully) u/g me and Mrs. YYC-YYZ-ZRH in April
6) That ZRH flight will give me another 10 eCerts so I can u/g a T+ YYC-YYT in June/July
Old Mar 14, 2011, 6:53 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Rehoult - that is awful, you should switch to WJ domestically and Delta on your flights to ZUR.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by Z-man
Rehoult - that is awful, you should switch to WJ domestically and Delta on your flights to ZUR.
That's a great idea. WJ has a great new loyalty program. If I spend $60k on my credit card I can get $900 WJ dollars. That's gotta be enough to get me to, like, Moncton or something. In high season!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 8:29 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Souvlaki
That's a great idea. WJ has a great new loyalty program. If I spend $60k on my credit card I can get $900 WJ dollars. That's gotta be enough to get me to, like, Moncton or something. In high season!
Just to clarify, you do mean Moncton from Fredricton....
Not to mention Westjets great lounge program, they are available at most Metro stores and Shell gas stations now. Just the other day i was driving and needed gas so after i filled up, showed my AirMiles card (gold so maybe you dont have access to this), I got to go to the Shell lounge, i read the paper, watched TV, had a coffee and 30 minutes later I got into my car and left...it was a nice break during my 45 minute commute. I wonder if AE will follow suit and open these at Esso stations too...
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:05 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by rehoult
1) They bumped me to a B fare for free when I called in to deal with a likely weather delay on February 26 (and the cert cleared)
2) They then didn't let me pay for my pet in the hold on the same flight
3) I was the ONLY person in J on the flight and they offered me enough cookies to feed the entire plane and a CUP (literally) of Baileys to wash it down with. That was inconsiderate to the rest of the plane.4) I've got a T+ YYZ-TPA upgrade Wednesday that cleared right away
5) I still have enough points lefts from my 35 to (hopefully) u/g me and Mrs. YYC-YYZ-ZRH in April
6) That ZRH flight will give me another 10 eCerts so I can u/g a T+ YYC-YYT in June/July
You bad boy!
Old Mar 14, 2011, 10:09 pm

Since March 1:

1. Upgraded instantly using eUpgrades - 100%
2. For Y seats, had middle seat open - 100%
3. Chitchat with the crew ("welcome 2MM_Guy") - 50%
4. Spouse and Child on rewards ticket in J - 100% (they are still smiling about being in front, priority seating etc.).
5. All in all steady as she goes.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:54 pm

1. Got upgraded using e-upgrades
2. Served extra cookies/ice cream in J
3. Got 2 Mini RTW tickets with AE
4. I was given additional BOB stuff during my J flight (i am trying to get fat)
5. Great smiles (priceless)
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
5. Great smiles (priceless)
It upsets me when non-owners smile...
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:20 am

Programs: AC-E
Hey folks;
It's been a good two weeks for me, have not been here much so thought I would start tonight with an invigorating discussion of AC and AE complaints.

Let me begin the complaining:
1. Have not sat in Y in a single flight since the new e-up's started. Wish I could go back there, not even sure what the configuration looks like now. I was waitlisted once, and 1 hour later I was confirmed in J.
2. Have not had any problem calling AC or AE, have not waited more than a minute. It's like they were calling me or something.
3. I have not had a single cancelled flight this year, even with the weather last week in the northeast (a little bumpy at times but we got there).
4. My wife flew on 2 reward tickets and there were no problems.
5. I was served a delicious chicken wrap on every flight. I even got 2 on an ORD-YYZ segment (are they trying to make me fat?).
6. Line-ups are March Break are awful, AC should do something about this, I can't stand around for 7-9 minutes waiting to get into the lounge in some security line.
7. Booked my dad on a reward flight YYZ-FRA with no issues, imagine that, the days he wanted to go (in July so granted pretty far) and there was tons of room and he in on his way.
8. To top it all off, IFE has worked on every single flight this year. I am sick of watching IFE, I wish they would give me more time to read EnRoute.

Anyone else have any other major complaints they want to vent tonight?

K.O.D., Z-Man. That stands for Kiss of Death, and you only have yourself to blame for bringing all those up. It is bad karma.

And the rest of you, too. You are jinxing yourself by even thinking those thoughts, much less posting them.

Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:25 am

It upsets me when non-owners smile...
and great looking too more to discuss in the MiniDO

how about grand mariner cheese moose, baileys chocolate lava cake and........worst allowing me to take both a dessert + fruits.
Old Mar 15, 2011, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
and great looking too more to discuss in the MiniDO
You bad boy (part II)!
Old Mar 15, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: Via Preference Privilege, AC*A, Fairmont Plat, SPG Gold
My Dad's upgrade didn't clear that I sponsored.

I HATE AC SO MUCH!!11!!1!!!!!

I already wrote the president and CEO and management to complain with a long rambling angry letter. I'LL NEVER FLY AC AGAIN!!!!!!!!

(I'm assuming that was the reply you were looking for?)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.