Community
Wiki Posts
Search

YEG Fly Thru

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2011, 2:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
YEG Fly Thru

Hi All,

Used YEG Fly Thru for the 1st time today.

A little confused. I presented my BP to the first screener. No problem.

Got to the 2nd screener, asked if I was nexus, and I said no, and he shifted me to the main line but to the front of the line.

is this the way it's supposed to work?
Old Mar 3, 2011, 4:37 pm

Programs: meh
I had the same experience a couple weeks ago when I used it with my SE and a J boarding pass. I asked why I wasn't allowed and was told that the line was now for Nexus only.

I may be the only person here who thinks that the trend for domestic priority to be given to transboarder travellers is ridiculous. For transboarder travel, sure, I think it's the right thing....but domestic? ...? I'm not back in YEG for a couple of weeks, but I'll be voicing my displeasure with AC and EIA over this change.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:00 pm

I think it depends on when you go through the line as the same thing happened to me on Sunday evening.

Fly-thru (including AC SE/E/J) is apparently only open M-F from some time in the morning until 6:00pm. Outside of these hours the line is only for disabled people.

Apparently there is now one group of people who can access this line during the non "fly-thru" hours; these people are Nexus pass holders.

When I went through after hours I was asked if I was a nexus holder (which I am), I replied "AC Elite" and was directed to the other line as fly-thru was closed. I didn't even realize what the lady had asked me until I was in the other line (which was pretty much non-existent) and didn't say anything.

I don't understand why they won't allow E/SE/etc. though since they are allowing other non-disabled people through after hours anyways.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Works for me
Old Mar 3, 2011, 6:39 pm

Programs: meh
Originally Posted by YEG USER
I think it depends on when you go through the line as the same thing happened to me on Sunday evening.

Fly-thru (including AC SE/E/J) is apparently only open M-F from some time in the morning until 6:00pm. Outside of these hours the line is only for disabled people.

Apparently there is now one group of people who can access this line during the non "fly-thru" hours; these people are Nexus pass holders.
I went through on Tuesday, Feb 22nd at 10 am when I was told no SE/E and no J....Nexus only.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by igloocoder
I went through on Tuesday, Feb 22nd at 10 am when I was told no SE/E and no J....Nexus only.
Bizarro. I was pretty excited to use it as an elite and bham got put in my place! LOL

YEG website claims Nexus, IntraAlberta day trippers and E/SE can use it.

Guess they should update the site.
Old Mar 3, 2011, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*E, PriorityClubPlat, Hertz Gold
Edmonton (YEG)
Priority Security Clearance Hours
Domestic and International Security Clearance: Monday to Friday only
05:30 to 17:30
Look for signs indicating "Fly Thru".

Taken from AC's website, guess they have to update their site as well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.