Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Why do 6/10 YYZ-YVR flights on Mar 10 have sold out J class cabins?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2011, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum

On 6 of 10 YYZ-YVR flights on Mar 10, the J class cabins are sold out, and in the seventh, there is only 1 J class seat left.

Are many of these flights through flights to Asia/Australia?

Are these business class seats full (more than 2 weeks in advance) because of a conference held in Vancouver, or some holiday taking place in Asia - for which customers would purchase all of J class seats (or some of these seats could have been taken up by Aeroplan awards, or by latitude fare upgrades)?
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:21 am

Programs: AC SE100K MM, Princess Elite
Well there is only 1 through flight to Australia.. AC033 and it's not sold out. Of the other 6 that are sold out, 3 of them are narrowbody flights so definately not through to asia. The only 2 that are through flights are AC007 YYZ-YVR-HKG and AC063 YYZ-YVR-ICN.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: ACMM SE100K; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum Elite
I may have an idea.

The PDAC conference and trade show is finishing in Toronto on March 9. It's the largest mining show in the world and since many of the mining companies (especially the juniors) have significant operations in Vancouver, likely its executives returning home.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by Mozzarella
I may have an idea.

The PDAC conference and trade show is finishing in Toronto on March 9. It's the largest mining show in the world and since many of the mining companies (especially the juniors) have significant operations in Vancouver, likely its executives returning home.
This.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:02 am

Programs: AC SE MM, AA
Issue with AC system?

I noticed on my last 2 trips YYZ-YVR-HKG many J seats were available one day, next day zero for number of days , back to many J seats available and on and on.
So I think there is issue with the system.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.