Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Annoyed at AC about TPAC flight

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by why fly
J class is for AC employees flying AC.
or friends of AC employees.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by why fly
J class is for AC employees flying AC..
As you know,some of those seats are for pilots in uniform and is a negotiated benefit.

While there have been numerous employees in J in the past,I am of the opinion that there are fewer in J these days based on my personal observations.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: meh
In my 16 segments in J this year I've seen 3 pilots. Those flights (all A319/2x) have only had a total of 2 empty J seats as well. There seem to be more people paying, LMU-ing or upgrading which has been pushing the staff into Y.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 11:05 am

Programs: AC SE100K, HH G
Originally Posted by igloocoder
In my 16 segments in J this year I've seen 3 pilots. Those flights (all A319/2x) have only had a total of 2 empty J seats as well. There seem to be more people paying, LMU-ing or upgrading which has been pushing the staff into Y.
My anecdotal observations indicate the same. The pilots are there, but it's in their contract, so that's a non-issue in my book. Other staff in J appear to be less common these days.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*E
Thanks for the feedback.

FYI, I never had a chance to choose points or a discount - I was given the blue card, told to fill out the form and received this response. I think I will write a letter to AC Customer Service now to voice my displeasure with the way this was handled.

Any difference between snail mail versus emailing them?
Old Jan 30, 2011, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Touring
Any difference between snail mail versus emailing them?
With an e mail, they acknowledge your observations with a file number for future reference; with snail mail, you don't have any reference .

With both methods of communication, be prepared for waiting....unless you are SE and have communicated with the SE desk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.