Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AC 7390/7391 on Air Georgian

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
AC 7390/7391 on Air Georgian

Sitting here in Harrisburg. Once again this flight is a few hours delayed. I'm just curious if anyone has flown this route with departure/arrival on-time? I asked the Continental check-in agent (contracted to work the AC flights). He laughed and smiled. I never did a straight answer.

Anyone have much luck with this flight? I've flown quite a few Air Georgian operated flights but delays, if at all, were in several minutes not hours!

Several times while being delayed for AC 7390 Toronto-Harrisburg, the AC gate agent mentioned they had to wait for pilots to clear customs. You'd think Air Georgian would make some schedule changes to avoid this. Or, better yet, just move the flight up a few hours. Then it would be on-time!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 3:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Honors Diamond. Priority Club Platinum. Emerald Club Executive Elite
...and just as soon as I post this, my blackberry chimes. Delayed another further :45 minutes. Now 3 hours late. If it makes it for that time, I"ll arrive in YYZ just in time to miss the 2nd to last flight of the evening to YOW. Won't be home til 1:45am....

Last edited by nowinyow; Jan 18, 2011 at 3:50 pm Reason: spelling
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC*E, PriorityClubPlat, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by nowinyow
...and just as soon as I post this, my blackberry chimes. Delayed another further :45 minutes. Now 3 hours late. If it makes it for that time, I"ll arrive in YYZ just in time to miss the 2nd to last flight of the evening to YOW. Won't be home til 1:45am....
woah woah... AC or anything ac touches is late? really? I am appauled! Since start of december I have had 15 ac flights, 1 has been on time, 1! OF 15!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
I have had that delay a few times, even re-routed myself to Allentown to avoid a big delay.

Just part of travel...
Old Jan 18, 2011, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by killer9012
woah woah... AC or anything ac touches is late? really? I am appauled! Since start of december I have had 15 ac flights, 1 has been on time, 1! OF 15!
Are you teaming up with contikipaul?
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by lcohen999
I have had that delay a few times, even re-routed myself to Allentown to avoid a big delay.

Just part of travel...
ouch that really sucks!
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:00 pm

Programs: AP, HHonours Diamond
Originally Posted by killer9012
Umm, OP's particular flight isn't AC operated. It's operated by ZX and codeshared with AC.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC 50K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
Was booked on Air Georgian this morning AC 7449 to DTW. It was 2 hours and 15 minutes delayed. Flew to YQG instead and took a taxi.
Old Jan 18, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
ouch that really sucks!
meh...I made my meeting. These things happens, after two kids I have loads of patience
Old Jan 19, 2011, 7:41 am

Programs: DL,AC,HH,PC
Originally Posted by nowinyow
Sitting here in Harrisburg. Once again this flight is a few hours delayed. I'm just curious if anyone has flown this route with departure/arrival on-time?
62% of passengers have, apparently.
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...irportCode=YYZ
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Finally made it home. My intention on the thread wasn't to slam Air Georgian. Looking at only a 68% on-time performance, I have to wonder why the schedulers just don't move the flight times an hour or so later? Several times taking this flight, the most common reason given for the delay was waiting for pilots to clear customs. To me this sounds more like a scheduling issue with aircraft and crew.

But, like others said, it's all part of travel. Over 130 segments last year so I certainly am used to the delays as they come and go.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by payam81
Umm, OP's particular flight isn't AC operated. It's operated by ZX and codeshared with AC.
Is it actually a codeshare? I don't see any way to book ZX other than through AC (unlike CMA where you can book some of their flights).

Does ZX do its own dispatching? I expect so as Jazz does, but I wonder.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by arf04
Is it actually a codeshare? I don't see any way to book ZX other than through AC (unlike CMA where you can book some of their flights).

Does ZX do its own dispatching? I expect so as Jazz does, but I wonder.
The reason why you can't book any other way is because of a Capacity Purchase Agreement. Otherwise, they still remain separate carriers.

Air Georgian has their own operational control, located at the north side of the airport and co-located with their offices/maintenance hangar. Sort of near the old Shell Aerocentre and Millardair buildings if you're familiar with the north side.

Similarly, Jazz also has their own dispatch centre in Halifax, as does Central Mountain Air in Smithers, BC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.