Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How to request and eUpgrade questions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to request and eUpgrade questions

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2010, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by yyzprincess
IMHO the new system is fair and in line with other carriers. United...
It must be "fair" since they've removed one of the advantages of AE over MP.

Let's all rush to the lowest common denominator.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:14 am

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
This is one thing that will benefit me. As an E flying on T+ fares, I would almost always have to play aerolotto. Now that SEs won't be able to hog R space anymore without actually having the certs, I may actually stand a chance at my upgrades clearing before going to the airport.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Originally Posted by Mauricio23
This is one thing that will benefit me. As an E flying on T+ fares, I would almost always have to play aerolotto. Now that SEs won't be able to hog R space anymore without actually having the certs, I may actually stand a chance at my upgrades clearing before going to the airport.
Do you travel on Latitude fares?

If not, SE's will still grab "your" upgrade at the 7-day window.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 12:36 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan
Originally Posted by The Lev
Do you travel on Latitude fares?

If not, SE's will still grab "your" upgrade at the 7-day window.
Yes, but they will no longer grab "my" upgrade if they do not have the certs in their account.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 2:02 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
I am a little fuzzy on priority/days in advance for eligibility to upgrade etc where the member (lower status, say Prestige) is gifting the nominee (higher status, say SE). Does member's (with the points) status trump (in this case unfortunately) the nominee's status or the other way round?

In addition, do the points have to be in one account or can they be shared across accounts?

The answer seems somewhat obvious from "As an eUpgrade account owner, you will always be responsible for requesting an upgrade for your eUpgrade Nominees. The eUpgrade Nominees themselves cannot request upgrades using your eUpgrade Credits."

so my guesses to my questions are:

1. the member with the points status trumps for priority waitlist for upgrade
2. the member with the points status trumps for days in advance to upgrade
3. points are NOT actually shared across accounts, they must be in one account for the upgrade being requested
4. lastly, at the gate upgrades for those on waitlist? Since this is done manually on day of flight, often with input from concierge, this might be where nominees status could trump member with points status.

This obviously is a fairly rare event (but maybe not as rare as we think since I am already thinking about it for my situation).

Any confirmation from Andrew would be much appreciated as we try to work through how this would work . . .^
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:08 pm
Original Member

and since the question was asked in another thread . . .

can the eupgrade credits of a Prestige be used for other than M fares when sponsoring an E or SE nominee who is eligible?

My guess is no if my other guesses are correct.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 2:57 pm
Original Member

bump

Andrew--any insights into the questions on these previous posts?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mauricio23
Your observations are fair if R space is available.

I booked Latitude fares off a pass for late March travel.J cabins were/are wide open.Points removed from account.No upgrade to date as no R space available at time of booking.In my case a full 85 days out.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 10:03 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by BlondeBomber
bump

Andrew--any insights into the questions on these previous posts?
Hey BB, since no one from AC seems to be around I'll take a stab at your questions.

I think that it's clear that your 2 and 3 answers are correct from previous discussion and the rule you quoted.

1 and 4 deal with the waitlist, and I don't think anyone's given any details about how it will work now, other than we'll be transferred to the day-of-flight waitlist automatically. I think that it's entirely possible that the to-be-upgraded person's status will be the determining factor in both cases. That is what happens now with the paper certs and it would likely have been easier to implement that aspect of the eUpgrade system without keeping track of the origin of the credits that were used to request the upgrade. But then, I'm just guessing. For me, it would be much nicer to know that my non-status kids' waitlisted upgrades trump a couple of SE's using their Elite wifes' points!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.