Search

Transit turnaround at YUL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2010, 1:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Some basic level ones
Transit turnaround at YUL

Hi,

I've just booked a reward flight which will be my first AC flight and first time transiting in Canada.

The routing is LHR-YUL-LGA and I have an hour between arrival and departure at YUL.

When I booked I thought this would be okay but I now understand I need to clear US customs at YUL and that this can take an hour by itself.

Is trying to make this connection a lost cause or are there any ways around this?

Thanks for any help!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
As long as the flight is on time, you should be OK.

Make sure you follow the signs for passengers connecting to the US. When you get to US Customs, do not get in the regular lineup - go to the right hand side where there is a separate entrance for passengers who are on connecting flights. You don't need to pick up your luggage in Montreal.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Some basic level ones
Thanks - that's just what I needed to know.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC E
I'll be transiting YUL on my way BRU-YYC. Is there an opportunity for an MLL shower in YUL, or will the sterile routing to immigration/customs rule that out?
My understanding is that the MLL in the international (departures only?) section has showers; the domestic MLL does not. I'm afraid I'm unfamiliar with YUL.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.