Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI and AC code share

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:51 pm
Original Poster

BMI and AC code share

Can I get a friend into the lounge if they are on a BMI code share but AC metal? (I'm elite and I'm on the AC flight)

In YYZ they would be boarding AC metal (bought through BMI) and then transferring to BMI metal in LHR.

Could I get them into the YYZ departures lounge?
Could I get them into the LHR arrivals lounge?
Could they even get into the arrivals lounge? I know that they would have to clear customs and get out - but they have a 10 hour layover at the airport - anyone done this? I think their bags would be checked through - would that be an issue?

thanks
Old Nov 17, 2010, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by RockoHorse
Can I get a friend into the lounge if they are on a BMI code share but AC metal? (I'm elite and I'm on the AC flight)

In YYZ they would be boarding AC metal (bought through BMI) and then transferring to BMI metal in LHR.

Could I get them into the YYZ departures lounge?
Could I get them into the LHR arrivals lounge?
Could they even get into the arrivals lounge? I know that they would have to clear customs and get out - but they have a 10 hour layover at the airport - anyone done this? I think their bags would be checked through - would that be an issue?

thanks

1. Yup.....
2. Yup.....
3. Dunno about checked baggage, but. I know they have to walk through the landside tunnels to get from T3 to T1. If your friend is in BD/J you may want to consider the T1 *A lounge
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

thanks

one more question

if i have fasttrack for customs and he doesn't, can he still come with me?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:28 pm

i believe fastrak is only for travellers in J....not even *G

no...they are sooo strict about it..... they give you a specific envelope to with a tag (that gets collected) and insert your passport within. i had an AC fastrak envelope and wasnt allowed to use the UA fastrak..... you could always ask the FA for one more of those envelopes
Old Nov 17, 2010, 2:34 pm
Original Poster

good idea
thanks
Old Nov 18, 2010, 1:35 am

If their flight is BMI domestic or to Ireland then they have nothing to lose going through immigration in T3 and then walking over to T1 later. I normally do this, it works great. The tunnels to T1 are near the arrivals lounge anyways.

If it's international then they're going through immigration when they could stay airside and skip immigration. But it sounds like they have plenty of time so that's probably not a concern.

Are you also going to T1? In which case I agree with the other poster, guesting them into the T1 Star Alliance lounge would be the thing to do. You can do this in addition to the Arrivals lounge, though there's not a whole lot of point, they both have showers and the food in the *A lounge is better. The only reason to do both would be to get some variety as 10 hours in one place is a bit tough.

For a 10 hour layover they might consider going into London btw. Or doing a tour of Windsor Palace. Or if you have cash you could get a day-return to Oxford and take a walking tour of Oxford and have lunch there.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by zkzkz
If their flight is BMI domestic or to Ireland then they have nothing to lose going through immigration in T3 and then walking over to T1 later. I normally do this, it works great. The tunnels to T1 are near the arrivals lounge anyways.

If it's international then they're going through immigration when they could stay airside and skip immigration. But it sounds like they have plenty of time so that's probably not a concern.

Are you also going to T1? In which case I agree with the other poster, guesting them into the T1 Star Alliance lounge would be the thing to do. You can do this in addition to the Arrivals lounge, though there's not a whole lot of point, they both have showers and the food in the *A lounge is better. The only reason to do both would be to get some variety as 10 hours in one place is a bit tough.

For a 10 hour layover they might consider going into London btw. Or doing a tour of Windsor Palace. Or if you have cash you could get a day-return to Oxford and take a walking tour of Oxford and have lunch there.
Actually i'm not connecting, just just flying to UK - so i'm guessing i'd only be able to guest him into the arrivals lounge.
It just happens that his trip might coincide with mine so i said that if he were to book on my flight i'd be able to get him some travel perks
Old Nov 18, 2010, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by RockoHorse
Actually i'm not connecting, just just flying to UK - so i'm guessing i'd only be able to guest him into the arrivals lounge.
It just happens that his trip might coincide with mine so i said that if he were to book on my flight i'd be able to get him some travel perks
He doesn't even have to be on the same flight I think, just a departing *A flight for *A lounges and an arriving AC flight for the arrivals louge. Actually I'm not sure what the rules are for the arrivals lounge as they're not governed by the *A rules, AC can write the rules however they want.

If it was booked with AC I think you could get him a free preferred bulkhead seat too, but the last time I tried for someone who was booked on a code-share they couldn't do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.