Wiki Posts
Search

AC seat sale to hot spots

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2001, 1:57 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

Is this sale from YVR also?

Yes, there is a seat sale fare from YVR-HNL. Weekday {Mon-Thu} is $523, Weedend {Fri-Sun} is $581. Last day of sale is Feb 16 for this fare.

V fare from YVR is $756/$828 {weekday/weekend}.

Interesting note is that V fare from YYZ - HNL have gone down quite a bit and it seems the fare is around to stay... it's $998/1068 {weekday/weekend}.
Old Feb 13, 2001, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
5 or 6 hours each way in the back cabin is not that great an endurance test, AB. The seat pitch is fine unless the person in front insists on reclining all the way. And getting the first row takes care of that inconvenience. It's not Canada3000, afterall. And the drinks are free [unlike other transborder US flights, so who say's the service isn't international?]. Almost 10K in Q-miles also helps ease the suffering. [I would hit Elite renewal at the end of this trip too, so lots of benefits for a small outlay.]

I'll let you know in before the 21st for sure, Dorian. Still waiting on this YVR business trip in the next two or three weeks, and I think I will do the MHD on that one. The client is setting the date this week. Originally I had wanted to get this one done before the end of the month so I could use up the rest of my upgrade stickers and not have to use the new ones for next benefit year. The MHD alleviates that need, since I can do it all in J and still save the client lots of money over a regular Y ticket.
Old Feb 13, 2001, 2:42 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Shareholder, Dorian, back seat. Okay, I might be interested myself in another trip to HNL in a month or so. Maybe we could have a FT gathering in Waikiki!

I just realized how spoiled I sound in my posts about travelling in the back. That's AC's fault. It's all the upgrades that have spoiled me. (Oh, and it's 10 hours to HNL, not 5 or 6 hours.) An upgraded V class certainly makes more sense to me than an L class cheapie. After all, you're spending US$300+ a night for a room at the Moana Surfrider anyway

Ironically, I'm in Hawaii now and I'm about make an earlier than scheduled return to YYZ, because the weather here is awful
Old Feb 13, 2001, 2:44 pm

From civilisation, it's only about 6 hours.
Old Feb 13, 2001, 3:09 pm

Originally posted by Ken hAAmer:
From civilisation, it's only about 6 hours.
But that's from the outer fringes of civilization
Old Feb 13, 2001, 3:53 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I would be happy to upgrade a travelling companion from V fare.... provided they bot me a beer!

Dorian

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Feb 13, 2001, 3:57 pm

I would be happy to upgrade a travelling companion from V fare.... provided they bot me a beer!
A beer?? Geeez, I'd pay for your hotel room if you did that for me!!
Old Feb 13, 2001, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

When are you guys planning to go?
Old Feb 13, 2001, 4:03 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I just can't be staying at an super-duper expensive places. I have the cash but am not employed right now...only doing some casual consulting. Gotta watch the burn rate or might have to crack into the piggy-bank!

Regarding upgrading a companion...first I have to give first right of refusal to Shareholder...as we already discussed this a long time ago (but it might not work as he is in YYZ and I am in YVR currently). If he declines...then anyone else is welcome...

Dorian
Old Feb 13, 2001, 4:12 pm

I was just kidding about the companion upgrade, Dorian. I should have an ample supply of my own.

I know what you mean about the burn rate. My burn rate over the past 12 months has been like a Saturn V rocket. I've gotta break the habit of buying Y/J tickets!!
Old Feb 13, 2001, 4:17 pm

After Burner...I didn't see you were SE...sorry....

Dorian

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Feb 13, 2001, 9:10 pm

I thought the sale is on until Fevb 21 - even though I am still looking for work, I wouldn't mind another HNL trip . . . based on my flying this would have me Elite by April (I am going to MUC Feb 24 - Feb 26).

If your serious about a couple of days in HNL I'm interested. . . just got to figure out what to tell the better half. The "burn rate" on my package has been pretty bad, pretty soon I will have to get a job!

If I could suggest a date(s) how about sometime in the first couple of weeks of March . . ..
Old Feb 13, 2001, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

The sale IS til Feb 21 from YYZ.. however, there is no sale fares in this particular seat sale for YVR but there is a seperate sale fare as I mentioned above for YVR that expires Feb 16.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.