Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aeroplan Web Features and Functionalities

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aeroplan Web Features and Functionalities

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2001, 10:59 am

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
Route maps. I don't know everywhere I can fly the old CP...

FARE CODES in the booking engine.

Multiple destinations in the booking engine. (or just license ITASoftware's revolutionary engine)

Ability to upgrade in the booking engine.

Super Elite's being able to log in and then 'live chat' with an SE agent.

Live statements.

Front page remembers that I want English/French so I don't have to see it every time.

Get flight delay and departure information on my cel. phone. (similar to what www.oag.com does)

A complete fleet map. Sometimes an international 767 seat map is shown for a domestically configured 767 flight.

Move cargo to own website.

Remember my Aeroplan # for quicker login.

Let me see my bookings (under 'view your internet bookings') made direct with AC. They can access my bookings on the phone with my Aeroplan #...why can't this be tied through online.

Dump the EXTREMELY useless 'engine' in the FAQ section.

Get the Ombudsman site inline with AC corporate design.

Get the 'Bill of Rights' up (or finished?).

That is all I can think of for now...

Dorian

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html
Old Feb 9, 2001, 11:29 am
MD

Real Time Statements - If the phone system can have the latest transactions, why not the website? Surely they use the same computer! Mac Attack, can you provide an estimate of when this could be implemented?

As Stu above said, the Award booking section should recognize Status, and show availability of Y unsold inventory for bookings for Elites. SEs have their own rules and these should be reflected as well.

Eliminate the need to call the agent to confirm award bookings. If I can pay my bills etc on the Internet, surely I can order tickets using points?

Send e-mails to ALL customers, regardless of status, if flights are delayed or changed.

Seat Maps

More retail places to earn miles such as new Future Shop partner.

Old Feb 9, 2001, 11:51 am
Company Representative - Air Canada

Basically what we suggested so far almost equivalent to asking AC to give us home access of RESIII and their Aeroplan system!
Old Feb 9, 2001, 11:57 am

Maybe that's not such a bad idea! Wasn't there a verion of Sabre modified for gereral use[?]
Old Feb 9, 2001, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Fly Boy:
Maybe that's not such a bad idea! Wasn't there a verion of Sabre modified for gereral use[?]
Yes, it was called EasySabre and it was excellent. However, it had a text/command interface. This type of interface is much easier to implement and provides infinitely more power and flexibility. One of the reasons none of the booking engines seem to give us what we want is that the "dumbed down" browser/GUI interfaces make it difficult to access all the functionality.

EasySabre would accept commands such as ...

/FARES,YYZ,YVR,FEB24,AC
Old Feb 9, 2001, 12:21 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I always thought it would be great for Expedia or ITN to offer and EasySabre style interface in expert mode.

Dorian
Old Feb 9, 2001, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MD:
[b]Real Time Statements - If the phone system can have the latest transactions, why not the website? Surely they use the same computer! Mac Attack, can you provide an estimate of when this could be implemented?

Hi MD,

Realtime is on the priorities list and will be worked on, but it's too early to say when we can implement. Our various IT groups are already maxed-out, so we are reevaluating our priorities and trying to determine the best way to tackle this challenge. Believe me, we want to improve and I believe that we'll get there relatively quickly.

Sorry I can't give too many details at this time - I have to be cautious for competitive reasons.

Thanks again for your help and your great feedback - please keep it coming - it will be put to good use!

mcttck
Old Feb 9, 2001, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

Thanks Mac for the info..

Have you guys considered hiring some of us here to help you guys out?
Old Feb 9, 2001, 2:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Yes, CP's real time statements were excellent, perhaps IT people could start looking there?

Booking travel myself is a priority so a functional booking tool for flights would be great. Fare code display is crucial so that it is relatively easy to seek out various combinations. I have yet to book a hotel on the net but have booked cars - flights are a priority.

I echo the sentiments of others to a large degree.
Old Feb 9, 2001, 3:34 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles
Also, email contact would be nice. I could never find someone to "talk" to from the site, I remember CP had it before where there were one for CPlus and Customer Service.
Old Feb 9, 2001, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, HH Gold, MR Plat
I'm in favour of everyone's suggestions, especially the ones regarding statement updates and interactive seat selections. My recent "available" statement is from October 2000 for crying out loud. That definitely needs to be improved.

After having used EasySabre for about 5 years or so, I just can't bring myself to using Travelocity. Yuck. I'd be willing to pay a subscription fee (but please make it reasonable) to use an online reservation system that was text-based and powerful like EasySabre!
Old Feb 10, 2001, 3:26 pm

Originally posted by Empress:
Have you guys considered hiring some of us here to help you guys out?
Yeah - I could use a new job or a consulting contract!

Old Feb 12, 2001, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally posted by Fly Boy:
Yeah - I could use a new job or a consulting contract!

Please send me your resumes, we could certainly use the help - especially on the IT side!

Old Feb 12, 2001, 9:36 am

Originally posted by Mac Attack:
Please send me your resumes, we could certainly use the help - especially on the IT side!
Trust me - you would already have it already, but there is no e-mail address in your profile. Where should I send it?
Old Feb 12, 2001, 9:41 am

Oh ya? Does AC need a (new) CIO?

Dorian

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.