Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Problem Solved.. AC 11/12 finally declare CANCELLED!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2001, 9:39 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

PROBLEM SOLVED!

ITN is finally showing AC 11/12 CANCELLED!!

I called AC SE desk again and got the same agent again.. actually she said "didn't I talk to you yesterday?".. I said "Yes, and I am still sure that the flight has been cancelled so I want to see whether you have any new information about it."

She then told me that after she finished talking with me yesterday, she went and asked about AC 11/12 and indeed it will be cancelled. She sees that on the file that I've been rebooked onto the next flight already by AC in J class {just that now I don't have my favourite 58K )

She said I don't have to get the ticket changed, do you guys think I should? I will probably stop by and at least get them to print out an itenary for me on my next trip out of YYZ.

The other thing is this flight is defintely overbooked by many seats as it is already sold out in Y class before they combine the 2 flights, it's now showing J4C3 and everything else 0... what do you think AC will offer for people to get off, how do I go about seeing whether they need volunteers?
Old Feb 8, 2001, 9:44 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
They don't like taking volunteers from SE or J usually. One of the advantages and the curses of status.

But if you really want to volunteer, just go up to the gate agent and let them know you are interested (ask what they are giving, you may not be so enthused).
Old Feb 8, 2001, 9:56 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada
Original Poster

They don't like taking volunteers from SE or J usually. One of the advantages and the curses of status.

Probably because they know they have to give more to a SE or J pax to satisfy them as oppose to a regular Y pax with lower or no status..?

I remember 5 or 6 years ago, I volunteer to get off CP 8 {HKG-YYZ} and they offered me a free rountrip YYZ-HKG ticket in Y {it was E class I think}... not bad.. However, now that I am spoiled by all the upgrading, I probably won't take it if it was Y!
Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:03 pm

Programs: AA, AC
Originally posted by Empress:
I suspect that it's not so much a case of them not liking taking SE/J volunteers, but perhaps they assume that SE/J passengers are the least likely passengers to be willing to volunteer. I'd be inclined to make the same assumption.
Old Feb 8, 2001, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TalkBoard: We discuss / ad nauseum things that mean / so very little
Originally posted by Empress:
I remember 5 or 6 years ago, I volunteer to get off CP 8 {HKG-YYZ} and they offered me a free rountrip YYZ-HKG ticket in Y {it was E class I think}... not bad.. However, now that I am spoiled by all the upgrading, I probably won't take it if it was Y!
Empress, I'd be delighted to take that Y ticket off your hands.

FewMiles..
Old Feb 9, 2001, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC 75K, Hertz President’s Circle, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I don't know what AC used to do but on CP domestic I once got a free RT in Canada for bumbing off a $69 YVR-YEG flight and got but in J on the next flight to YEG! I used the voucher for a Lethbridge to Charlottetown ticket in the middle of summer (about $1200 worth of flying)!!! I think compensation is now all in various values of MCO or a lesser amount in cash.

Old Feb 9, 2001, 8:18 am

Last time I was on an over-sold domestic flight, compensation was a $300 MCO or $100 cash. No more free RT tickets to anywhere in North America.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.