Appalling "technical" REP

Old Feb 8, 01, 10:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Gold (oneWorld Emerald), Starwood Preferred Guest Platinum
Appalling "technical" REP

Hello all

I've been wanting to go to YVR this month to take opportunity of the double miles offer FRA-YVR. I'll be flying out of CPH.

So far, the best fare I've found has been:
C$791.90

Then last night (I got the price in DKK but have made a conversion here):

Wow! So I press Show Intiniary and:
Technical Error.

I call the recommended "Technical Support" where my call is answered by an extremely rude woman with a French accent. She tells me that there really is not anything she can do - and "no" I should not give her the error reference number because she could not use that for anything. What she can do is going to the website from her computer and do the same thing I did! WHAT AM I CALLING FOR????

Am I paying international direct dialing rates to be insulted by a matrone who has a far worse accent than myself??? I wanted to speak to a sys admin or someone else who got technical background. This person must have been someone they took in from the street and put in front of a computer - when she told me that "I am on the same Internet that you are on" I'd had enough.

I was transferred to reservations but they weren't able to give me anything close to that fare. The woman there was nice.

I did save the "Results" page with the great fare but I know that really does not prove anything.

Comments? I don't have any change of actually getting that fare I'm afraid.

[This message has been edited by Goldlust (edited 02-08-2001).]
Old Feb 8, 01, 10:58 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

That's why it said "technical error", because the fare was too low!

AC tech people are one of the worse around I must say...

Search this Thread