Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Calin to Globe: Toronto is our future

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2010, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/repor...rticle1759636/

Today Mr. Rovinescu sounds very little like the brash table thumper in the early 2000s who incensed the airlines unions with his demands for cuts to pensions and other benefits. Leadership, he says, pointing his finger again at the middle of the table, “has to come from the centre.” He says “I can’t deliver” unless the airlines 23,000 employees are “empowered,” “inspired” and “motivated.”

Air Canada has made strides eliminating what he calls a lingering sense of “entitlement” in the ranks that stems from its past as a Crown corporation. These gains will be tested in the spring of 2011 when most of its union contracts come up for renegotiation, but borrowing another page from the CEO-is-a-coach manual, he says he has faith the unions will be “responsible and constructive.”

“People have seen how much we can accomplish when we work together,” he says.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.