Wiki Posts
Search

Award to Asia with stopover?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: co ba
Award to Asia with stopover?

Does aroplan allow awards from North america to asia via europe? Can I go JFK-ZRH-HKG? Or must I fly via the pacific? I know on AA and others flying via europe to asia requires 2 awards, but i am new to Aeroplan and have not seen anything that says I cant fly via europe.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 7:58 am

Yes.

I just booked BUF-ORD-DUS-ZRH-NRT-ICN-HKG-IST-AMS-IAD-BUF on an Asia award.

You'll most likely need to call the Aeroplan call center, but it's very doable.

See the mini-RTW threads, like this one, for ideas.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:46 am

its maximum permitted mileage so as long as your routing is within the mileage range then you fine (regardless of route u take)
Old Oct 6, 2010, 8:51 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
its maximum permitted mileage so as long as your routing is within the mileage range then you fine (regardless of route u take)
That's part of the story. MPM is only one way to validate an Aeroplan itinerary. Published routings are another which can result in an allowable routing over MPM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.