Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Elite vs. Elite

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2001, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Super Elite vs. Elite

I recently received my Super Elite status for this year and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on the real benefit of being Super Elite vs. Elite.

Thanks,
Luch
Old Jan 16, 2001, 1:27 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

As of this minute... (Not sure of what the benefits are yet for benefit year 2001):

- Upgrades confirmable at time of booking from Y,M,B,H,V,T fares for both domestic and international.

- Blackout dates waived for award travel for you and a travel companion.

- 24/7 Exclusive SE desk

- Concierge service

- Gurantee seat if booked 6 hrs prior to departure even if flight is overbooked.

- 4 bags checkin allowance

- Free upgrade to next category room at Fairmount hotels.

Those are the major ones off my head and I think they are the major benefits of being a SE.
Old Jan 16, 2001, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Luch: You have just made a quantum leap. The generous upgrade opportunities, both domestically and internationally, are the envy of us Elites. You have earned it; enjoy it ! Welcome to the board !

[This message has been edited by airbus320 (edited 01-16-2001).]
Old Jan 16, 2001, 2:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Go to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/Forum5/HTML/000435.html for a full description of the benefits in 2000 (we have to wait a few weeks for 2001.

Also check out the STar Alliance Comparison Chart to see comparisons across the other Star carriers.

------------------
------------------
BlondeBomber's Star Alliance Gold Comparison Chart 2000: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html

Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Old Jan 16, 2001, 8:57 pm

Programs: AC MM
Based on experience (being SE for the last 2 years), I would say the benefits are as follows:

1) Phone gets answered on the first ring when you call to make reservations.

2) Phone gets answered on the first ring whe you call to claim Aeroplan awards.

3) You are able to get exactly the flights/dates/times you want when you are claiming Aeroplan rewards (there is probably some fine print somewhere, but I have always been given exactly what I want).

4) You may use the MLL whenever you wish, regardless of what fare you are travelling on (heck, you can even use it if you are not travelling).

5) The airline gives you lots of upgrade certificates, and lots of additional bonus aeroplan points.

To me, these are the main advantages.
Old Jan 16, 2001, 9:11 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

3) You are able to get exactly the flights/dates/times you want when you are claiming Aeroplan rewards (there is probably some fine print somewhere, but I have always been given exactly what I want).

As a SE, as long as there are seats in the class that you want, they will give it to you, in another words, not controlled by D and W inventory. Even if the SE is not the one travelling, they will usually do the best (which mean you'll get the dates and time you want...!) to get your request! This is a real benefit to me, second on my list after upgrades!

Old Jan 17, 2001, 6:23 pm

Programs: AC*SE; AC 2MM; Marriott Platinum Elite
Just a few observations as one who flip-flops between SE and Elite status from year to year. (2001 = Super Elite)

The 'hard' differences are pretty much as itemized above.

I just have one comment about the SE desk. It's true that the call does get answered on the first ring and you can pretty much get what you need in terms of flights, upgrades & freeing up inventory etc.

However, in terms of grace, and a demonstrating a real desire to deliver outstanding customer service, I find the desk lacking. While of course I'm generalizing (I have spoken to a few great folks at the desk) I get the feeling that most are going thru the motions only. The service is provided but not cheerfully so.

The subtlety of what I'm trying to describe is difficult but I think you probably get the general idea.

I'm curious to see if other SE members get a similar 'vibe'.
Old Jan 17, 2001, 6:56 pm

Vasbyte:

I gotta agree with you re the general impression of SE desk "attitude": my experiences over the past 2 weeks has only reinforced my initial impression that I wasn't getting much more than a perfunctory response. When I would attempt to further explain my situation, I would more often than not receive an clipped repeat of the previous reply. This hardly contributed to a meaningful dialogue, or achieving a solution. I have also received blatant mis-information by at least 3 agents. I would therefore recommend speaking directly with a Supervisor to ensure any unresolved issues are attended to promptly.

I really don't enjoy voicing my opinion on this, as I would much prefer to not have to feel the need to comment...
Old Jan 17, 2001, 6:58 pm
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
I get similar 'vibes' from the SE desk - the level of service varies from person to person. In comparison, I always received a consistent level of "if it is possible consider it done" service from the EP desk.
Old Jan 17, 2001, 7:22 pm

Wow ... this is very interesting and perhaps worthy of its own thread. I thought it was only 'me' picking up this vibe but perhaps others feel it too?

Your thoughts??

Old Jan 17, 2001, 9:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
What you are experiencing with the SE desk may come from the fact that I believe it is now being handled by former CP res and Cdn+ agents who have only recently become familiar with AC and Aeroplan. The original Montreal Centre may by now have been closed down and fun ctions transferred to Vancouver. There is also grievance from the union about the reassignment of former CP staff who are unhappy with these new jobs at the Aeroplan Centre. [Aeroplan is a subsidiary of AC now, not a branch of the marketing department as it has been. This has also affected some conditions of employment which brought about this dissent.]

Not sure how smart a move this was. Although there were many very good Cdn+ ExecPlat reps in Vancouver, it is unclear if they are now staffing the SE desk.
Old Jan 18, 2001, 4:15 am

Programs: AE
SE is not being handled by ex-EP agents in YVR. YVR is is taking only Basic, Prestige and Elite phone calls. They also have a credit department in YVR which is handling some of the English customer mail.

The S/E desk is still in YUL, and as far as I have heard, will remain in YUL. I am not currently aware of any ex-CP agents at that desk at this time, but that is not a confirmation that none are there.
Old Jan 18, 2001, 6:16 am

Shareholder ... by way of clarification ... my comments have their origin from back in 1999 (my first year as SE) before any CP agents on the scene.

Old Jan 18, 2001, 9:56 am
ABW

Programs: AC SE 3MM, Bonvoy LTE, Accor Diamond, Amex Centurion
My comments reference EP for 99 and 00 and SE for 99/00/01.
Old Jan 18, 2001, 1:52 pm

Programs: ACSEMM QRGold SPGLifetimePlat FairmontPlat HyattD AMEXCenturion SerenaPlat TalkBoard Founding Member
I was also told CP is now handling the SE desk.

Also, keep in mind...during heavy call volumes to the SE desk...SE calls get shuffled to the regular desk.

Dorian

------------------
flyers'places - restaurant, bar & hotel recommendations: http://www.flyersplaces.com
Dorian's Star Alliance RTW Price Chart: http://www.informationlab.com/rtw.htm
Blondebomber's Star Alliance Comparison Chart: http://members.home.net/deercroft/starall00.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.